1. Got Mule?
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Angeles City, Philippines & Sometimes So. California

Great article about Google - New York Times.

This is a very interesting about Google, government interest in anti-trust action and more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/technology/google-casts-a-big-shadow-on-smaller-web-sites.html?

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees
    "It is better to confess ignorance than provide it" - Homer Hickman

SEO Consulting Services by Internet Search Marketing.com
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by europa
    This is a very interesting about Google, government interest in anti-trust action and more: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/technology/google-casts-a-big-shadow-on-smaller-web-sites.html?
    Great share, thanks. My take away is the last paragraph:
    Wize Commerce, the Nextag owner, is based in San Mateo, Calif.; it is profitable and employs 450 people. The revised plan, Mr. Katz says, “gives us a shot at being a very healthy company,” less dependent on Google.
    Anyone that relies on organic ranks to keep their business running stands a very good chance of losing that business

Comments on this post

• europa agrees
  5. Got Mule?
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Angeles City, Philippines & Sometimes So. California
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Great share, thanks. My take away is the last paragraph: Anyone that relies on organic ranks to keep their business running stands a very good chance of losing that business
    K.P. I agree because I do recall when Nextag dominated the search rankings for a few clients I have. I always wondered why they disappeared. Now more so than ever sole dependency on Google organic is a high risk venture and getting more and more expensive to manage.

I have a client though where we hired a top PPC company to bring in some extra revenue but alas they were not able to increase sales due to my client's dominance of the organic rankings. We learned one thing from that...time to find resellers!

Hope you are doing well.

Cheers!
  7. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

And all of the people getting excited over Google fiber? I can't wait to see how PPC will be plugged into EVERY SINGLE WEBSITE I VISIT.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.