Thread: Got traffic

1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Got traffic

Say your ranking a new site for a business... I dunno... Your new SEO agency site.

Among other SEO elements, how important is traffic to a site's ability to rank?

What are your best practices for directing traffic to a site before it starts receiving organic traffic?
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Anyone can buy for traffic the site so it will not affect our existing ranking but if your site properly optimized then you can generate good & relevant traffic and for direct traffic, PPC is good if you have some budget.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 12th, 2017 at 09:02 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Alexa is best watchout for traffic
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi vinsam

Alexa only tracks visits from those with the alexa toolbar installed on their systems. I don't know of many folks, meaning casual users of the net, people with phones, that have the alexa toolbar installed.

Alexa at best is just a poor metric. Google doesn't use it .... so why is it important ??

Comments on this post

• Chedders agrees
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 13th, 2017 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling correction
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hello,

I also got traffic on my site with these simple tricks that i mention you as follow :

1.Research the competition:- Find out what people are reading and emulate that kind of content to bring traffic to your website.
    2.Attend Conferences:-Whatever industry you’re in, chances are there are at least one or two major conventions and conferences that are relevant to your business.
    Incorporate Video into Your Content Strategy

like these tricks are helpfull to got traffic on your site.
  11. Entrepreneur

I have seen many users who posted only one post that is completely useless. See above two posts one that has been replied back by Knowonespecial as he is very supportive members. Most of the times I have seen that we discuss only with each other and OP doesn't care about that. Even it might be possible they will never post again. I know many old members don't post here due to this reason and they don't find new technical stuff as they expect.
    Btw i have reported both posts as spam.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees : I've banned both users, but I'll leave the posts up because without them the thread will make less sense.
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 15th, 2017 at 06:05 AM.
  13. Contributing User

If you are looking for traffic other than organic traffic, till organic traffic kicks in then my best bet is Local business directories + social media.
    Local Directories do generate decent traffic and business leads. You can use the FREE options or paid options as you like.
    Similarly putting some money into social media promotions can give your brand a good exposure, so when the organic rankings appear your target audience may be familiar with your brand and may prefer your result over other ranking above you.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
  15. Entrepreneur

Originally Posted by envigodigital
    Similarly putting some money into social media promotions can give your brand a good exposure, so when the organic rankings appear your target audience may be familiar with your brand and may prefer your result over other ranking above you.
    Solid advice boss branding is more important than anything else and social media one assists where we can brand you. But do it through professional hand
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 15th, 2017 at 06:06 AM.
  17. No Profile Picture

What about having blog commenting and blog post is that a main factor to get traffic
  19. Dinosaur

What about having blog commenting and blog post is that a main factor to get traffic
    Typically no, blog commenting to drop your link is considered spam in a lot of cases.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  21. No Profile Picture

Creating content for the sake of creating content, because you heard publishing regular articles is good for SEO, won’t get you very far. It fact it may even cause a lot of damage to your reputation.