1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Well, Before I start my thread here, I was think, may be this forum is too old, so may be here some of are old members, who know more deeper about PageRank, but my assumption was wrong. Anyway, If someone also have same doubt about PageRank, so here is some of answered by me.

What is reality of PageRank, It is only floating value from 0 to 10?
    Actually Real PR is something like that.

0 to xx PageRank - > Actual PR 0
    xx To xxx PageRank -> Actual PR 1
    xxx To xxxx Pagerank -> Actual PR 2
    xxxx to xxxxx Pagerank -> Actual PR 3
    xxxxx to xxxxxx pagerank -> Actual PR 4
    xxxxxxxxxxx to infinity -> Actual PR 10

Here x is any number of PageRank, that number is log(n) based, it may be change privately by Google algo. For example, you got 0.1 PR from 100 webpage, then it's value is 0.1*100 = 10, so your Actual PR is 0 (You can even say, your PR is 0.5 or 0.6 in floating value), Similarly assume that, you got 0.2 PR from 1000 webpage, then it's value is 0.2*1000=200, so your Actual PR is 1.

So, that is the above reason, why PageRank is not increase after 10, because of infinity.

----------------------------------------------------
    Dear cbp@ PR is always flow from one Page to another, no matter link is internal or external(just assume it is not nofollow). That is not myth, may be you are in sleep mode, sorry if my words hurt you.

Fathom and Chedders@ Well, I already read many of open source that talk about PR, So don't think, I have not read any document on that, Even I read all of web archive on PageRank.

Dumping factor d and q is both used to keep PageRank on specific webpage, for example A is linked to webpage B, C, and D, then all the PR, should not flow, so Page A also kept some PR, according to PR equation.

--------------------------------------------

How PR calculated?
    PR calculate every time, it may be on microseconds, or milliseconds. Also they did not wait for other page PR, for example, to calculate Page A, B , C rank, they did not wait for, what is PR of B and C, They use past value of B and C or if there is no any value then, may be they assign some value like 0.

Now, they star calculating PageRank of A, B, C, but as per PR question, you know that, each time, PR of all webpage is changed, because past value of PR of any page is changed, so every time, we get different PR for each webpage, So to solve that problem, they are using convergence i.e. PR of each webpage should continue to calculate until, there is no more difference between past and current PR. For example Let's take PR of Page A is calculated for first time is 0.57616 , second time 1.161616, third time 0.88663, 1.261916, 0.161946, 0.15966, 0.252466, 0.253466, 0. 253466, 0.253466, 0.253466.

So as you seen, the value is not changed after so many iteration, In reality it is not calculate by only 11, it is calculate by thousand time, until program does not get any different value then past value.

by d way thanks to Admin, for moving this thread to make it live for a long time
  3. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by D@Rokzz
    Which is the best way to get Page Rank?
    Links is the only way to gain page rank

@Arjun
    I have read your reply twice and sorry I just cant understand your point here.
    If you think you have evidence of page rank being lost by linking to a site please provide evidence. I honestly cant understand why linking to the waybackmachine supports your claim that page rank is passed and given away / lost.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : don't understand argun either
  5. No Profile Picture

Chedder@ For evidence you need to learn yourself, 1) What is the PR equestion? 2)How google treat nofollow link? 3) Why PageRank sculpting comes?

1) I am 100% sure, you have no idea about PR equations. Just analysis your self, The are using inbound links and outbound links to calculate PR. If PR is not flow to external link, then Why PR equation using outbound links to calculate? and why they need to use how many pages is linked to that page?, Just because PR is flow, and that's why they are using convergence to calculate PR for each webpage after so many iteration method.

2) Google say, if we found nofollow tag, then we simply don't follow that link, but Matt Cutts and John Muller said many times, if spider see nofollow tag, then we simply does not Pass PR and anchor text to that link. They said, we does not pass Page Rank, so as your assumption If External link does not pass PAgerank, then, they can also said, if we see nofollow link, then we don't count your vote to that link, but they said, we don't pass PR and anchor text. So it is another thing that you did not notice about PageRank flow.

3) I am 100% sure, you have only few ideas about PR sculpting, you have never think, Why PR sculpting comes? Because Most of webmaster use nofollow tag on trusted links, to keep PR flow on own website, so Google think, if webmaster doing this continuously, then how can we know, that page is trusted or not, because webmaster want to keep PR flow on own website by adding nofollow tag on external link, hence they change it's algorithm, and they write post. If you add nofollow tag on trusted links or any type of links, then your PR will sculpt, i.e. Assume your webpage has 5 PR, and you have mention 5 links on that, and out of 5, you add 1 link with nofollow tag, then we did not pass more than 1PR to each page, we will pass only 1 PR to each page, we simply avoid your nofollow tag, when we calculate PR. So that is another evidence that PR is flow from one webpage to another.

Others@ At least add your value on this thread, no matter you are agree with me or not.
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

In a nutshell trying to view or review PageRank at such a granular level you can't fathom its worth.

Yes a rel="nofollow" link passes PageRank into oblivion but those are a very small percentage of the links on the web. Even if you compared wikipedia links and assume 98% of all external links are NOFOLLOW, the amount of internal links is about 98% of their total links making the PageRank passed into oblivion only about 2%.

A valid position is "all NOFOLLOW links" are dropped from the link graph... That doesn't just mean no PageRank is passed (or passed into oblivion) but also no relevancy (or relevancy is also passed into oblivion). Whether any DOFOLLOW link is assigned TRUST, links dropped from the link graph are UNSCORED!
    Last edited by fathom; Nov 11th, 2015 at 11:09 PM.
  9. Dinosaur

I still want to see evedence of this.
    It's no good saying do my own research. You claim you know so show us how and why and your proof.
    Personally I think it is just a misguided theory

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Concur!
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Is there any difference between the domain pagerank and subdomain pagerank? also i have a personal blog with blogger http:// seosmomarketing(dot)blogspot.com this blog has a pagerank of 2 is there any difference between blogger's blog pagerank and a normal domain's pagerank?
  13. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by KarnRawat
    Is there any difference between the domain pagerank and subdomain pagerank? also i have a personal blog with blogger http:// seosmomarketing(dot)blogspot.com this blog has a pagerank of 2 is there any difference between blogger's blog pagerank and a normal domain's pagerank?
    Someone who blogs about SEO should know the answer to that question.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  15. No Profile Picture

First of sorry to @Chedders and to all other member who participated in this thread. I should talk nicely to all of you guys . Again I am really sorry.

Now I have real answer about PR.

PR is calculated initially, it means when you create a new blog post or webpage, you will get some PR by default.

Checkout the PR equation and add zero value in outbound and inbound links and you can see you still get some PR

like PA(New Blog Post) = 1 - Dumping factor or any secret Google value let's suppose the value is 0.7 - (0/0) or anything zero because there is no any inbound or outbound links.

So the value is 1 - 0.7 - 0 = 0.3

So initially you always get 0.3 value whenever you create any new page.

It means the more Pages you create, your all pages will get some initial PR and when you link to some page(say homepage), then PR calculation is done, and your homepage will get higher PR.

it's valid on all type of links(Internal/External), so my initial argue like PR is always flow from one link to another was right, but money thought was wrong.

DMOZ have dozens of outbound links, but there are many pages are index as well by Google, and hence all those pages have some initial PR.

Now you may think, let's create thousand of pages and link to some specific page, but there is Google panda algorithm as well. Google may de-index your low quality pages, and recently I ask one question to Google employee and they answer, we don't assign/give PR to no-index pages. It meas if your pages are indexed, then you've some initial PR and that PR will flow from link to link.

I am thinking to write one blog post about that, soon I will add link here. If anybody can help me to edit my old post then I am very thankful to him.
    Last edited by Arjun3315; Aug 8th, 2017 at 03:06 AM.
  17. Dinosaur

If you post a new page I would assume you also have a link to it from your site somewhere.
    The pr is created there
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Statistics: SEM Rush | Site Crawler: Screaming Frog
  19. Contributing User

Great Discussion above. i am not expert about Pagerank but as I know, it's calculated not created and depends on links.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Chedders
    If you post a new page I would assume you also have a link to it from your site somewhere.
    The pr is created there
    If you create 10 pages without linking anywhere, you get initial PR to all those 10 pages.

Let's say the dumping factor is 0.85, so you'll get 0.15 PR on every page.

Now when you link your all pages to homepage, then few PR will flow and homepage will get higher PR.

PR is not only calculate, it is first initialize/given and then calculate based on number of inbound and outbound links.
  23. Dinosaur

And how are you testing thus theory? Or are you guessing
  25. No Profile Picture

It connect all dots.

If you check the original white paper, you will see the Pagerank is divided whenever there is any link.

You may think it's not true for outbound links, it's apply to only inbound links, then what about Wikipedia and reddit? They have tons of pages, if the PR is divided then the more pages they create the less PR they left. Which does not make sense to me.

Google should reward to new pages, whenever webmaster create, and hence they give some initial PR to every indexed pages.

I thought let's create dozen of fake pages and add noindex meta tag(To prevent Panda penalty) on it and link to my specific domain, but when I ask Google employee about weather they give/assign PR by default to noindex page or not. So they smile and answer no we don't.

Actually it's connect all dots, just think about it.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Arjun3315,
    As I understand how G implements PageRank it splits it into values based on the individual words use in a search query.

If so, how PageRank impacts SERPS is therefore dependent on how many individual words are used in a search query and the individual PageRank that is passed by each word. As a result, link text words can create HUGE variables in SERP results.

Your discussion about any broad PageRank passing to pages, I believe is inaccurate. Please help clarify this position if you believe I'm in error.
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Aug 8th, 2017 at 04:04 AM.
  29. No Profile Picture

John Please refer original white paper, you misunderstand many thing.