1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google News - Tips Beyond What You Always Read

A lot of our traffic came from "Google News" and that's in the past tense because for some reason, we've fallen off the map. Perhaps we got boosted on there because we were new to Google News, although my site has been around for like 9 years. Recently we've just tailed off and we regularly churn out some amazing fresh and unique content daily.

It's frustrating but I'd love for some advice on how to rank better for Google News beyond the same article I've read 300 times already that is just rehashed information. Is there any tools out there to definitively understand where I'm at when it comes to authority, inbound links, quality of links, etc?
  3. No Profile Picture

Google News - A Mystery

I am also a Google News publisher, I actually have about 4 (small) sites registered with G News.

And yes - it appears there is a system to throttle traffic via the exposure they offer publishers. I would say it works in exactly the same way as traditional SEO - the big, established, heavily back-linked sites are simply given preference.

Traffic is so erratic it drives me insane, it can vary from week to week but I am finding now that we are getting less and less traffic.

So yeah - while your good, unique articles should be prioritised this will never be the case unless you are a big boy.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by SAmCov
    I am also a Google News publisher, I actually have about 4 (small) sites registered with G News.

And yes - it appears there is a system to throttle traffic via the exposure they offer publishers. I would say it works in exactly the same way as traditional SEO - the big, established, heavily back-linked sites are simply given preference.

Traffic is so erratic it drives me insane, it can vary from week to week but I am finding now that we are getting less and less traffic.

So yeah - while your good, unique articles should be prioritised this will never be the case unless you are a big boy.
    I'm wondering how much of this depends on Google's perception of your site's popularity. Could your website's social signals be a contributing factor here? Not to mention that Google is still tweaking things from the last algo update.

Peace
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

When you talk about google news or any other news time is the factory to get attraction. I mean you should share your news quickly and try to be first in search engine against particular news then you will get good traffic from search engine.
  9. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Ummm, people, this thread is about Tips Beyond What You Always Read

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Also include keywords in your title element! :D