1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google - the monopolist search engine

Google has undoubtedly been the number one search engine over the fast few years. It has definitely given free and selfless services to people all over the world.

But the question that arises today is "Has Google been able to sustain its trust and selfless service"?

Ask people who have been closely associated with this industry; the perception about Google has changed.

What is Google doing these days? Well, the sole aim seems to have shifted from relevancy to revenue.

Yes, Google is perhaps manipulating organic results listings in order to find ways to earn additional revenue, as well as expand their service offerings to their users.

I have been watching Google results on major keywords, the results have kept on dissatisfying users with all those spam and irrelevant results. What may be the reason behind this? Well Google has been saying that this is just another update but why such results are appearing and what is the motive behind this.

If these spam results are due to professional spammers then why Google is not doing anything about this. What about Google’s filtering and blocking spam sites, do they exist? If yes, then why has Google failed to rectify the problem? I think Google needs to answer such questions in order to win back the trust of people.

I found an interesting site - http://www.organicspam.com owned by a group of webmasters that is solely designed to wipe the grudge against Google. You can visit if u have really suffered and want to say your words against Google or organic spam
    Last edited by brandall; Jul 11th, 2006 at 08:49 AM. Reason: revmoved live link - moved to appropriate forum
  3. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by peterparkar
    Google has undoubtedly been the number one search engine over the fast few years. It has definitely given free and selfless services to people all over the world.

But the question that arises today is "Has Google been able to sustain its trust and selfless service"?

Ask people who have been closely associated with this industry; the perception about Google has changed.

What is Google doing these days? Well, the sole aim seems to have shifted from relevancy to revenue.

Yes, Google is perhaps manipulating organic results listings in order to find ways to earn additional revenue, as well as expand their service offerings to their users.

I have been watching Google results on major keywords, the results have kept on dissatisfying users with all those spam and irrelevant results. What may be the reason behind this? Well Google has been saying that this is just another update but why such results are appearing and what is the motive behind this.

If these spam results are due to professional spammers then why Google is not doing anything about this. What about Google’s filtering and blocking spam sites, do they exist? If yes, then why has Google failed to rectify the problem? I think Google needs to answer such questions in order to win back the trust of people.

I found an interesting site - http://(www.organicspam).com owned by a group of webmasters that is solely designed to wipe the grudge against Google. You can visit if u have really suffered and want to say your words against Google or organic spam
    Obviously you have very little experiance in this type of work. Could you create a search engine even as good as altavista(crap search engine). I doubt it.

Google has remained the best search engine over the past few years. They are overall the msot relevant search engine. They get spam just like anybody else and some of it is harder to detect and google doesn't find it as quickly. But I can tell you one thing. Google will NEVER benefit from spam sites who have high positions. They will always remove them as soon as they find them. I would like to see some of these results. In the various keyword phrases I have researched I hardly ever see spam sites. They usually get the very lowly searched low competition terms and they usually end up being deleted as soon as reported. Some spam is detectable by googly others have to be reported or google doesn't know.

And you have to be a real dummy to think google has changed focus to profit and not service. Google has to make money to support their search engine and they do mostly via ads. And they have that right just like MSN and Yahoo. But they do offer software FOR FREE which greedy companies like Yahoo and MSN would never do such as free analytics software which I could easily spend thousands of dollars on and a monthly fee. Google earth which other companies are selling. Google has done a awesome job of providing free software which actually works(overall it beats microsoft any day).

I would like to see these results YOU are seeing. Not results other people say they are seeing.

Also Google usually answers your questions or atleast writes you back. YAHOO won't. I emailed Yahoo repeatadly about a certain issue and when they finaly got around to writing back they were rude and told me it was against policy to answer such questions. Because of their crappy service I will never use their PPC ads service.

Also be sure to not take one persons opinion to far. Sites like www.google-watch.org are LOSERS who couldn't get high enough positions in a low amount of time so decide to slam Google for it. People like this are the type who can't wait for anything and usually won't put enough time into anything.

Google has NEVER done this. They don't even manipulate results to put them #1 for their own products or for the keyword "search engine". Yahoo does.
    The day Google manipulates serps for their own good is the day Larry and Sergey stop running google. It won't happen when they run it.

My personal opinion on this is that you read abunch of this crap and have not experiance any of it yourself.

Comments on this post

• incdeveloper agrees : sorry i dont got more green... next time!!!
    • fathom agrees : Dump the live link in your quote since you gave him precisely what he wanted.
    Last edited by Visio; Jul 14th, 2006 at 12:13 PM.
    -DON’T BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  5. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

You are trying to make a critic from a theme that is very open. You are making a critic to google SE only which is very silly becuase you are saying google like to have spam in top positions, but if you really look at other SEs you will see they got more spammy results that google, so your main point "is google putting spam websites on top in order to get a good profit from them" is totally not valid.

Rigth now google has more filters and his algo is better than other SEs on the internet, that means it try to displays the cleanest results you can which make him the best.

If you really get yourself on how spammy websites gets on top you will find is not google´s fault or other SEs. Is blackhatters who rank those websites, and what black hats do is violates google´s and other SEs rankings terms in other to achive fast and top rankings.

Also you cant really expect google to be perfect, i know he got alot of coding lines, but he still got this holes in their system.

Not even rocket science is perfect!!!

haha btw... this is funny..:
    http://www.organicspam.com/phases_of_google.asp
    Last edited by incdeveloper; Jul 11th, 2006 at 10:22 AM.
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I think he is just a spammer. He want to promote his site, so all this blah.. blah..