1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Maps & Organic search

Hiya,

bedfordguitarteacher.club is ranking well for search term: 'Bedford Guitar Teacher', which for me shows second in the Google Maps Section, but for the organic search the site is on page two. I know my domain and page authority are low, is this the reason it's not showing up on page 1? I'm writing as much relevant content as I can too.

Thanks in advanced
  3. Contributing User

Oh m'gad -- there could be a tonne of factors. The better question is 'what can I improve'.

In my experience -- other views pending i'm sure -- I've always ranked .co.uk's easier than other TLDs (with the exception of .coms) on Google.co.uk. Case in point... take a look at the SERP for your keyword.
    How old is your domain... I can't seem to access this information? If it's young... this can make ranking slower.
    How long have you been waiting? It can take a while to get on the first page.
    You could add Keyword meta to your site for your chosen keyword.
    Build more relevant links (i.e., links with your keyword(s) in the URL and/or inner URL): try related forums and other related sites. Maybe you've got a coaching qualification from a site you can link from...?

I was just checking in... so apologiesfor being brief... so one else will be more comprehensive i'm sure -- hope this helps get you started.
  5. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Are you wanting to rank for Guitar Tuition? If not, flip it with Bedford Guitar Teacher in your title. I think most of your pages need more content. You can also be sure to optimize images via properties tab...

But you are getting very close
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Hi welcometoap

Change this

Guitar Tuition | Bedford Guitar Teacher | Beginners to Advanced

to possibly this, do some testing....

Bedford Guitar Teacher | Beginners to Advanced Guitar Lessons
    (put that keyword up front in your page title)

Maybe if you mentioned Bedford Guitar Teacher in your meta description you would get a better CTR

This is your current meta description
    (this is all off the hip )
    Let's learn guitar. The different styles of guitar taught with are: Electric, Classical, Acoustic. Styles covered: Rock, Jazz, Classical, Blues, Funk.

Try maybe
    Learn Classical, Electric, and Acoustic Guitar from local Bedford Guitar Teacher. We also teach the following styles Rock, Jazz, Blues ( just do not exceed 155 characters )

Here is all of your body text on your home page.. a bit thin for my taste.. but you could increase it.. I think you can do better with your page content ..
    Skip to content Bedford Guitar Teacher Bedfordshire Guitar Teacher | Call for Tuition 07746139814 Menu Let’s LearnGuitar Guitar Tuition Guitar Books Beginners Intermediate Advanced Guitar Videos Beginners Intermediate AdvancedGuitar Music Beginners Intermediate Advanced Guitar Blog YouTube Channel Contact me Scroll down to content GuitarLessons | Bedford Guitar Teacher – £20p/h Learn to Play Guitar | Bedford Guitar Teacher Hi, it’s great that you’ve decided that you want to learn to play guitar. The type of guitars taught are Acoustic, Electric, Classical/Nylon strung guitars. The styles vary too, from Solo Jazz pieces, Big Band jazz pieces, Rock n Roll, Blues, Finger style – sometimes known as fingerpicking – guitar. All levels of playing ability are taught. Electric Guitar Learning electric guitar can be a lot of fun. Whilst much the fundamentals of guitar playing are the same, regardless of the guitar type, learning the electric guitar has its own unique techniques. You’d typically use a plectrum for example and picking techniques vary. Read more ClassicalGuitar Learning the classical guitar can be a lot of fun and a different challenge all together. Whilst much of the fundamentals of classical guitar playing are the same – the notes do not necessarily change, but the sound of the electricguitar and what you can do are completely different. Acoustic Guitar As with other guitar styles, there’s a variety of techniques for the acoustic guitar that you can achieve. The sounds, like the electric and classical are varied, with natural and artificial harmonics, for example, it’s a lot of fun. When do you teach? I typically teach guitar in the evenings during the week, but ideally at the weekends too. This is because it usually suits most customers who work 9-5pm. Contact me

Based upon the above text this is what Google thinks your page is about....

You have 6 H1 tags... You should not be doing it this way...

Bedford Guitar Teacher >> keep this as an h1
    Learn to Play Guitar | Bedford Guitar Teacher >> suggest this to be h2
    Electric Guitar >> Same suggestion h2
    Classical Guitar >> Same suggestion h2
    Acoustic Guitar >> Same suggestion h2
    When do you teach ? >> Same suggestion, except h3
    You can use CSS styling to make them look Identical so the page looks good!, just as it does now !

I suggest you use some bold text, great for catching the human eye and making it follow your content.

then build some links, and there are safe places to build links...
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 14th, 2017 at 05:28 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks! What would be the advisable practice for trying to rank for Guitar Tuition and Guitar Teacher? I also rank well for Guitar Classes Bedford, but Guitar Tuition is more desirable, I think...

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    Are you wanting to rank for Guitar Tuition? If not, flip it with Bedford Guitar Teacher in your title. I think most of your pages need more content. You can also be sure to optimize images via properties tab...

But you are getting very close
  11. No Profile Picture

Hiya, The domain is very new. I went for .club simply because it cost 87p, rather than £8 something. I did wonder if .co.uk would rank easier, is this what you're paying for when purchasing domain names potentially? The domain is about 3weeks old, ish. so It's not doing too badly considering.
  13. No Profile Picture

Thannks! Really useful information that I didn't know here. I noticed the CSS changed without me making direct changes, perhaps htis happened when I messed with the 'powered by wordpress' php tag on the siteinfo.php page. I presume there's an overall style sheet for this in this theme somewhere. Thanks again. Really helpful.
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by welcometoap
    Hiya, The domain is very new. I went for .club simply because it cost 87p, rather than £8 something. I did wonder if .co.uk would rank easier, is this what you're paying for when purchasing domain names potentially? The domain is about 3weeks old, ish. so It's not doing too badly considering.
    3 weeks? Expect for changes to take months, especially with a brand new domain.
  17. No Profile Picture

Would it be best to use addon domains for this reason then Ejas?
    Originally Posted by Ejas Nathan
    3 weeks? Expect for changes to take months, especially with a brand new domain.
  19. Contributing User

Would it be best to use addon domains for this reason then Ejas?
    Not sure I understand what you mean by "addon domains".

There's not a lot you can do about timescales... Safely.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ejas Nathan
    Not sure I understand what you mean by "addon domains".

There's not a lot you can do about timescales... Safely.
    So for example; http:/photography.welcometo-ap.com
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hiya, The domain is very new. I went for .club simply because it cost 87p, rather than 8 something. I did wonder if .co.uk would rank easier, is this what you're paying for when purchasing domain names potentially? The domain is about 3weeks old, ish. so It's not doing too badly considering.
    Wait till it's time to renew the .club name... then its going to cost 25 bucks or 20 £. If you look around some company always has a 2.99 sale on domain names...

Yes you are doing well with the term "Bradford Guitar Teacher" but wait till you target the term "Guitar Lessons". See you do well with local terms. I suggest you start with local terms to work your way to tougher keywords. But a concern is that your mobile rankings are almost non-existent, you need to work on your mobile ranking too !
  25. No Profile Picture

Yeah fair point re domain names

How does Mobile Ranking Differ? or is this a new thread?
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

How does Mobile Ranking Differ? or is this a new thread?
    Just to bring you up to date on Google and some of its most recent changes...

Google is using the mobile index to rank all sites (full switch over has not occurred yet I don't believe, I could very well be wrong ), with few exceptions.. in some cases if the site doesn't have a mobile version Google will still use its desktop index, but that is a fallback solution.

I was making the point the OP is not showing up in most of the mobile rankings. Also that the OP is targeting very "Local Terms" which is a good idea, but for more generic terms the rankings fall. That is to be expected tho... so for long term goals they should be incorporating them.

I chose "Bedford Guitar Lessons" vs "guitar lessions" as an example to show what I meant. "Bedford" is the localization of the terms, but "guitar lessons" which is what the site is selling is not ranking well for that term.. not berating the site, just making a point to keep in mind.

Maybe this screen snippet will be more informative. So the keyword with teacher is no surprise how well it ranks, then on bottom of page 2 for the term with lessons in it, but no where for the term "guitar lessons" which in this case is one of his money words, whether he / she knows it or not! 1% of 10K is 100, so handling 100 students, will probably tax even their limits as a teacher per month. Also take into account even at 20 quid, basic sign up cost, that equates to 2000 quid a month, a not so bad income from a single site. In USA dollars that is almost 2500 bucks a month, current exchange rate being 1 usa = .81 British Pound. Also take into account that most will opt in for more expensive monthly cost, so 50 pound a month would be 6200 USA, a nice tidy monthly income. Especially sitting on your behind in front of a vid cam teaching Guitar ! I like the idea. I just don't know music to even play a single note or much less a rift. LOL.. best I not go into teaching music huh ???

Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 15th, 2017 at 09:56 AM.
  29. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

I have tested your home page by many recommended tools and found some areas where you need to work.
    There is one red flag in deferring parsing of JavaScript and 4 red flags YSlow you should fix these. You can also verify from https://gtmetrix.com/reports/bedford....club/mKxy6zQQ

I have also checked your site at https://search.google.com/search-con...NQNTR_fDDlkZog you should fix two block URL those are https://static.doubleclick.net/instream/ad_status.js
    and https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/id

I have verified your home page from https://testmysite.thinkwithgoogle.com/ as your site mobile score is 84%. Fix those issues that I have pointed above then your mobile score would be almost 90% and that should be fine.

Apart from this, you should follow Knowonespecial suggestions that will be enough as of now.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.