Great community. Great ideas.
Welcome to SEOChat, a community dedicated to helping beginners and professionals alike in improving their Search Engine Optimization knowledge. Sign up today to gain access to the combined insight of tens of thousands of members.
Feb 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Google likes garbage sites now?
Seems like after recent google update a lot of low quality and spammy sites are ranking in top 10 for high competitive niches. Anyone else noticed that?
What happened to Quality???? What happened to "Content is king"???? What happened to quality link profile???? WTF GOOGLE!!!!
Feb 9th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I noticed too. My sites are now in third page when usually appear at first. A lot of low quality sites are at fisrt page, now :S I hope the new update as soon as possible.
Feb 15th, 2013, 05:58 AM
ya this is correct, i also noticed that low ranking sites are at high rank, but they are not got that much high rank.
A bit higher rank than usual.
Feb 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM
1. What are these spammy sites you speak of? Give us some examples?
2. Dhrruv - I have a site that is only three months old, but will do better in search results than others with a higher PR maybe because i have created my own content, and it's not all about page rank.
3. To the three posters above me - Are your sites more spammier than the others that are getting a more successful search result? Have you engaged in any black hat activities?
Feb 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
1. No examples + 1 post total = I will believe it when I see it
2. Define high competition.
3. You mean the Google algorithm makes mistakes?!?!?! OMG I though they were perfect!!11! Now my life is ruined.
4. As a user I have seen some bad results in my searches, maybe more lately, maybe not. There could be some unintentional consequences of the recent updates.
5. I SERIOUSLY doubt I would think your site was within light-years of being useful in any way. I could be wrong but I doubt it.
Feb 16th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Will you provide some examples?
Mar 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Yes it happens to my site also my site was ranking on 3rd page in January but after that update in January my site is not ranking even in 1000. I CANNOT understand this.
By Sanjeet.Seo in forum Google Optimization
Last Post: Jul 10th, 2012, 05:09 AM
By DarrenHaye in forum SEO Help (General Chat)
Last Post: Mar 17th, 2012, 06:11 AM
By Glenn Kilpatric in forum Google Optimization
Last Post: May 9th, 2009, 08:21 AM
By pupkevicus in forum Google Optimization
Last Post: Jan 22nd, 2008, 03:22 AM
By dejaone in forum Google Optimization
Last Post: Feb 28th, 2005, 10:57 PM