1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Google Instant and Adword Campaign

Hello All,
    Today I was going through an article at "Conversation Marketing Blog" about Google Instant (you can find the article at http://www.conversationmarketing.com/2010/09/google-instant-end-universe.htm).

The most interesting part to me is "What Google Instant might do: Hurt Adwords revenue". What is written over there is not negligible I guess.

I would like to know the opinions from the members of this forum about the issue.
  3. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

I said in an earlier post that it may drive down quality score for highly competitive keywords.

What I am trying to say is that the longtail searches outnumber the one to two word, more highly competitive searches. How many of those longtails begin with shorter and more highly competitive terms? I think Lots. But with Google instant, when searchers type a longtail, adwords will add an extra impression for each word they typed, when this wouldn't have happened before.

I guess it has advantages and disadvantages though. I'm sure Google have had meetings in their thinktank regarding this. So I guess they like the idea.
    Last edited by seogoat; Sep 14th, 2010 at 12:21 AM.
  5. Contributing User

What I feel is, the adword impression can be high, but may be some usability issues can create problem for the clicks.

I think people those are using adword campaign or going to use adword campaign - may have to change there strategy from the traditional to something special.
  7. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net

It's weird also that Google instant only seems to work occasionally. Unless I am missing something? I am from the UK and had a heavy weekend so please let me konw if I'm missing something. Not sure if they have rolled it out completely yet?
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by seogoat
    It's weird also that Google instant only seems to work occasionally. Unless I am missing something? I am from the UK and had a heavy weekend so please let me konw if I'm missing something. Not sure if they have rolled it out completely yet?
    As per my knowledge it is being implemented in US and will be roll out in 7 other region this week. Others, please correct me if I am wrong.
  11. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Its in the UK but I did notice over the weekend that it was going on and off so to speak.

Also dont forget you can ture it off so make sure your settings havnt changed!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Instant

Originally Posted by new_seo
    As per my knowledge it is being implemented in US and will be roll out in 7 other region this week. Others, please correct me if I am wrong.
    Google Instant is also implemented in India, i guess it has covered maximum regions by now...! But sometimes it works and sometimes don't..!
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Google Instant

From what I've seen so far Google Instant is unstable. I've seen the screen freeze on previous paid searches.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I just checked my Adwords and it didn't hurt me a bit, in fact, I was able to double my client sales for this month. Before I was worried about this, but then Google sent me a notice through adwords that Google Instant provided PPC campaign to be more effective since it allows more visibility on the web. As you type, suggestions from Google does come out and so as sponsored link allowing more visibility, this is not counted as impressions only until the user clicks enter. It's really how you manage your Adwords, choosing the right keywords both broad, exact and negative etc...
  19. No Profile Picture
    ppcguy.net

It's not rolled out completely yet it only works when users logged into their Google accounts. They will be apparently rolling it out completely in the future though.

this is not counted as impressions only until the user clicks enter
    If you are correct that is great!
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile

Originally Posted by seogoat
    It's not rolled out completely yet it only works when users logged into their Google accounts. They will be apparently rolling it out completely in the future though.

If you are correct that is great!
    That's what I read so far on my Adwords campaign Alert regarding Google Instant. I'll try and look for it and share it with you guys.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo