1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Exclamation Google Fetch and Render Issue

Hi Friends,

To day i am facing new issue with Google Webmaster Tool, That is Fetch and Render Error.

When i tried ti fetch the url by Using Fetch and Render it show Error and Unable to reach now. First time i am faced this problem. Can any help me solve this problem.
    Last edited by wjack3047; Aug 8th, 2017 at 06:05 AM.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I don't think I've ever seen that but based on that I would do the following:

i) Try fetch/rendering other pages on your site such as homepage and robots.txt to see if the tool picks it up, this is will verify that it is not a bug on their end.

ii) Verify server response of the tested page: Check that it loads in your browser...if you wanna secondary verification method, you can use a header checker tool..here is tool on this site you can use: Link / Header Response Bulk Checker ...Also, if you really, really want to triple check, you can also check server logs to see what responses you're returning to googlebot on those pages. These checks will tell you if you're sending the right server response or not.

iii) Run a cache command in google, which entails entering the following into the search bar 'cache:[the webpage you're trying to render]' ..this is again a sanity check to see if google can see the page.

iv) check any robots directives on those page...sometimes with big changes the noindex or robots.txt rules will get left in....although...based on your message, I can say pretty confidently that this is likely not the issue since Google gives you a special message that a page is blocked by a directive, when this happens..

Hope this helps ^_^

Comments on this post

• wjack3047 agrees
    "...using this: sages act out of constructs but they do not rely on them"
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thank You Whiterabbit,

But Some of members told the reason for that is Js and CSS problem. is this correct or not ?
    Please Clarify
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I can't say for sure without looking at your site, but based on the information you provided this just sounds like some generic advice, from my point of view

In the distant past in internet time, Google used to have issues with crawling JS but this is not an issue...I don't wanna make any assumptions but if you're using any of the popular libraries like JQuery, google will have no problem...if you're using some of the ajax frameworks, like angular or react...it is theoretically possible to have some issues but in those cases, it would not just be an issue with a single page..

The other scenerio is if you're blocking JS or CSS files in your robots.txt...in those case, when you do a fetch and render, Google has a special notification that tells you what assets are blocked from fetching, Google doesn't simply 'unable to reach now' in those cases...

Even if this was the issue, the checks I provided above would catch a potential JS issue..