Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Biggest Update!

If you are not from United States, searh a popular keyword you always search and keep its ranks.
    Look at the first 10th, 20th results, you will see new ranking pages from your country altough you didnt choose your language counry related preferences

Note for Mods: I want a big reputation power for this new which enable me put a sig for my account lol!

Comments on this post

• 2K agrees
    • digidogstudios agrees
    • stevebrowne agrees
    • 75c agrees : Thanks for awaking the fight in me ;)
    • MaxM agrees
  3. hctibselgoogtonmai
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Being from the United States I guess I'll have to withhold the big reputation power for now.

Comments on this post

• -Spanish-SEO- agrees : jajajajaaaaaaaaaaa
    My Favorite Tools: Web CEO - Ranking Reports, Keyword Research, Link Analysis | Hosting.com - U.S. Windows Hosting | ISAPI Rewrite - Rewrite & Redirect for Windows
  5. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Good find ;)

Most likely it's still some sort of an experiment, because for some keywords it's there, and for others not... But I'm not complaining ;)
  7. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Sorry Dolay but it didn't work for me!
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  9. Website Design Pro
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I dont see anything significantly different, however +1 rep for your efforts...lol
  11. No Profile Picture

This is excellent. My site is a lowly 86 on www,www1 and www2, but comes in 3rd on google.co.uk, for my keywords which is fantastic.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yep, noticed that results from my country (Ireland) have been springing to near the top of most of my Google searches recently
  15. Contributing User

I'm in Japan, I'm not sure if I posted it on this forum or not but if you use the default Google while you are in another country usually it produces different results.

I'm not seeing anything different for Google.com being here but if I go to Google.co.jp even keywords in English produces totally different results. It's been like this for a long time.

A lot of people can actually claim to be number 1 in google for a certain term because it just very well not be Google.com...
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

This is the new feature of the google and it already become news on several SEO services after my post.
    Maybe your browser swithcs to the default datacenter but by the time all nonus google datacenters will show high ranking sites from your countries and this will cause huge traffic decrease on US/Global sites refferers from Google
  19. Contriving Muser
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

This post made me check a few Google search results.

I wonder what's happening...

A site I'm very fond of (it's soooo cuddly) was showing at #6 in Google for a favorite search term.

Although the site's in English, it's hosted in France - so I figured it might fall into the category described here.

I checked it in google.fr - #15 - ouch - that's not so good is it? But hey, it's targetted towards the English speaking world. No worries. Check it on google.com - #12!

Oh dear...

A quick look on mcdar's dancing box shows it at #6 for all datacenters.

So what's going on here?

An nslookup for google.com is giving me 72.14.207.99 and 64.233.187.99. Running my search on these two Googles gets me a second page listing.

So that explains the difference between what I'm seeing and what Mcdar is telling me.

Clearing all google cookies has changed nothing.

It's a very interesting situation - I'll need to play and dig (bump and jive) a bit, but this has awoken my interest in Google placement again.

Apart from fnding ot why I'm seeing such different results from those reported on the Mcdar-watched DCs, I'm wondering what the sites above mine have that mine doesn't (on my 72 and 66 listings).

Maybe the fun was just put back into Google ranking?

Now, I'll need time for this - I'll cut down on ironing for a week or two; start eating "convenience" meals... better stock up on vodka, wine, champagne...

This could be a long one

x
    Just another free Anonymity Thingy (yawn!) Like the world needs another, right?
  21. Professional SEO

The change is new (not the old kind of geo-targeting), and very real...

As some know, I got a post/followup with this topic at SeoMoz. Feel free to drop a line or two if necessary (shameless promotion, but I don't feel like writing the same stuff /notes time and again)
  23. Contriving Muser

Originally Posted by 2K
    The change is new (not the old kind of geo-targeting), and very real...

As some know, I got a post/followup with this topic at SeoMoz. Feel free to drop a line or two if necessary (shameless promotion, but I don't feel like writing the same stuff /notes time and again)
    I don't do SeoMoz. But I will say that the effects I'm seeing are interesting.

If it's an attempt at an advanced GeoTarget, it seems to have left certain cases out of the algo.

I'm being, you'll understand, biased - my sites are in ENglish and targetted at an English-speaking audience. They're mostly hosted in France and Germany and the domains are registered, for the most part, in the same countries.

My situation seems to have twisted the new algo onto its head ;)

But I'm the one losing out... Is that sad or what?

We'll see where this goes - it seems to be in experimental mode for the moment. I doubt if it will get rolled out as-is, but I expect to see a difference when there is a roll out.

Don't get me wrong - I'm looking forward to it.

I love a challenge... ;)

mcs
    x
  25. SEO bull

This is nothing new...
  27. Contriving Muser

Interestingly - my results went back to their normal positions - in france, in the UK, in Germany and in the republic of .com.

My visitors have increased from the pre-wobbly era and I'm assuming that the whole thing was just another Google spuddle.

They do like to periodically update their algos - and they tend to do it in this way.

Spuddle over. Positions maintained and revenue increased.

No worries - no need to investigate... this time.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by 75c
    Interestingly - my results went back to their normal positions - in france, in the UK, in Germany and in the republic of .com.

My visitors have increased from the pre-wobbly era and I'm assuming that the whole thing was just another Google spuddle.

They do like to periodically update their algos - and they tend to do it in this way.

Spuddle over. Positions maintained and revenue increased.

No worries - no need to investigate... this time.
    hi,

the biggest google update is that, google is getting more furnished day by day and trying to bring more accurate results ever before.

in every month google updating it's algorithim in a regular manner and making every thing easier for the browsers with more accurate results.

this updation is a very good sign for webmasters to represent their site in a proper manner without duping to your browsers.

the aim of google updation is to mantain the accuracy which is a good sign for every one.

cheers
    purebathrooms.net
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: