1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google Analyitcs/adwords help!

We are launching a new website soon and our plan to test it is to run the new site along with the current site but on a slightly different URL. Then Noindex the new website to avoid duplicate content issues.

The I will run an experiment in adwords that will send half the traffic to the new website and half to the current website so I can compare conversation rate etc. But to get the conversion statistics for the new website we will have to add a tracking code to it i think?

But what code do I add to the new site to it will be tracked in adwords experiments? I will have 2 different URLs in the same adwords account so i'm not sure how to track both.
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

This is an implementation question - not an SEO question. You'd be better to ask it in an implementation forum:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/
  5. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by PInder325

But what code do I add to the new site to it will be tracked in adwords experiments? I will have 2 different URLs in the same adwords account so i'm not sure how to track both.
    Maybe they will move this thread, but I suggest you contact Adwords support. They have an entire team that does nothing but setup tracking codes.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No, for getting conversion details in AdWords you do not need to add code in your webpage. It will be showing results automatically but for analytics, the code you have to add in your web page. Then only it will able to track your conversion details. you have to add code before the </head> section.
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by jennypitula
    No, for getting conversion details in AdWords you do not need to add code in your webpage. It will be showing results automatically.
    And that is just wrong. How can Adwords measure conversions if your website does not send it conversion firing details when the goal is achieved (i.e. fired code)?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Why go through all the trouble of setting up an entirely seperate website (and risking a duplicate content penalty should it be crawled) when you could just as easily use Google Optimize?