1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Google adwords $1500 a month???

When I spoke to a rep on the phone he was basically stating that I had to pay a minimum of $1500 a month no less than that to qualify for Google adwords

Is this accurate
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

No I don't think that is no where near true.

You can start an account for yourself for as little as $25 .... that is to open the account.

How much you want to spend well that is another thing altogether. You could spend well over that if you were so inclined...

If you want to qualify as a Certified Adwords Consultant. Last I knew it was a few thousand a month for at least 90 days. But I haven't checked to see what currently the requirements are ....

Maybe some of the others here who do PPC's will add their info...
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'll bet you need that much to get any results and not to qualify.
    Didn't you go through this early last year?
    Last edited by Test-ok; Oct 25th, 2017 at 10:15 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    I'll bet you need that much to get any results and not to qualify.
    Didn't you go through this early last year?
    No sad to say, I missed the spending mark.

I just looked it up again..,...

Yeah it's 10,000 in ad spending and 50 per exam, and you have to do it all in 90 days., spending and exams.

The exams are timed, so you get 2 hours I think it is per exam.. and you cannot pause the test...meaning if you go offline, the timer keeps on ticking... pass or fail, its 50 per test. You can retest every 7 days... and it will cost 50 bucks every time you take the test... no refunds....

I generally send anyone wanting PPC to SEM pros... I am not qualified to do the work. But I know a few folks that spend between 700 and 900 a month successfully, that is why I disagreed with the 1500 minimum per month to just get started.
  9. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've had accounts in the past that have only spent a couple hundred a month, so I can't imagine how that could be true. Especially now that I think many Adwords markets are overpriced. Bids have been going down, and I am guessing it is because of fewer bidders. I can't see them turning money away. My main PPC account runs well above the stated threshold, but I recently ran ads for a very small client and paused it after spending less than $200.
  11. Digital Marketing

Maybe he meant his agency fee. We don't do anything for less than $1,000 per month agency fee. We can generally run $1000 -$10,000 per month ad spend for that.
  13. Professional SEO

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    We don't do anything for less than $1,000 per month agency fee. We can generally run $1000 -$10,000 per month ad spend for that.
    KP, how does your company handle (how do you charge) two ad accounts, like when managing Google adwords and Bing ads.
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KernalPanic
    Maybe he meant his agency fee
    Now that would make sense...
  17. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I guess that minimum spends criteria come with the requirements for becoming certified Google Partners.
    Does anyone here have a premier adwords partner status?
    I do adwords for small business in India and I work with amounts as low as $300. I am about to get my Google partner Status for Google Apps.
    But I am aware there is a minimum spending value for Adwords per month. I am not even at 50% of that value yet. That value will differ from country to country.
    SEO Professionals in NewDelhi It is different. Don't believe me? Go check yourself.
  19. Contributing User

Originally Posted by decadude
    When I spoke to a rep on the phone he was basically stating that I had to pay a minimum of $1500 a month no less than that to qualify for Google adwords

Is this accurate
    Was he a Google rep, or was this an agency selling their services?

If he was from an agency this is the minimum that agency would probably deal with, as they don't want smaller clients than that. Most agencies either have a minimum spend, and they charge a percentage of your spend as a fee, or they charge a minimum fee (maybe the $1500) and then you have to have a budget on top.

If it was about becoming a Google Partner (the status for Google qualified agencies), you now need as an agency performance requirement a minimum 1 years worth of customer data, a 90 day AdWords spend over $10,000, plus at least 1 individual certified in AdWords basics and any other AdWords category (2 or more certified elements in total).

If you want to find an agency that works with lower budgets, search for Google Partners and you can filter by agencies near you.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic agrees : Good answer. I have all Adwords Certs :)
  21. Digital Marketing

Originally Posted by DirectHits
    KP, how does your company handle (how do you charge) two ad accounts, like when managing Google adwords and Bing ads.
    It would still depend on the spend. I have accounts that spend $100,000 per month that keep us hopping as well as some that spend $1000 that are pretty much set and forget. I won't run Bing until I have 100% impression share on Google so there's usually plenty for us to run the 2 accounts.
  23. No Profile Picture

No you can hire freelancers in a fraction of that payment. We hire a SEO and Adword guy and he is charging us $300 per month to run our ad. If you want I can recommend you to him.
  25. Administrator

Originally Posted by decadude

Is this accurate
    I assume this was an agency rep, which may be about correct.
    If it's actually a Google rep the figure would be significantly higher.