1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Getting listed on Dmoz still important for SEO?

I submitted my website to Dmoz many, many times without any results it makes me wonder if getting listed on Dmoz still considered a must do thing for improving SEO?
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    DMOZ is the best directory on the Internet. Apply once and forget because it is only a directory. DMOZ's backlink power in making a difference in SEO is greatly diminished if not all but gone. If you resubmit to DMOZ you go to the bottom of the list of sites waiting for a review each time you resubmit. Submit once and forget it.
  5. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by SureNot
    if getting listed on Dmoz still considered a must do thing for improving SEO?
    It's nice to get listed, but it will most likely make an immeasurably small benefit to your sites ranking.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  7. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by SureNot
    I submitted my website to Dmoz many, many times without any results
    Really dumb and stupid thing to do! Why did you submit your site more than once? That is what you agreed to when you submit a site. At best, every time you submit it just overwrites your previous submission and moves you to the end of the list with the new date!! At worst, they banned you for spamming them.

How do you think any directory (not just DMOZ) should treat those that can not follow the guidelines that they agreed they had read and understood?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thanks guys very much! I though submitting website to Dmoz works the same way as submitting URL to Google! If the URL is not showing after 1 week in Google index submit it again.
    I was wrong I guess. Glad to be here I very appreciate when someone corrects my mistakes!
  11. B afraid.. B very afraid!

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    You are welcome. Another hint... As long as you have at least one backlink from an indexed page to your url, there is no reason to submit that url to Google or any other search engine. That backlink from an indexed page directs the search engine to your site. If you want to submit something, look at submitting a site map. I don't use a site map but some do.
    Last edited by SEO_AM; May 4th, 2014 at 05:08 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I will try to submit once but that's it. There are tons of ways you can rank better even without a backlink from DMOZ. Try to focus more on contane marketing and social media. And if you are local business, submit your link to business listing sites.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Dmoz is a very famous directory with large database. One approval link on this directory will divert many traffic to your site. Don't resubmit URL on this kind of directory with high PR.

Comments on this post

• cbp : parrot post!
    • Test-ok : dmoz does not divert any traffic, you don't have a clue what your talking abot
  17. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ketul
    Dmoz is a very famous directory with large database. One approval link on this directory will divert many traffic to your site. .
    Are you freakin serious? I have 4 sites listed in DMOZ - care to explain why I get no traffic from DMOZ?
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

DMOZ is the free business directory and internet marketing center that offers powerful promotional opportunities to your business and website.

Comments on this post

• cbp agrees : idiotic parrot post!
    • Test-ok : DMOZ is not a Business directory...it's a directory and it in no way offers powerful promotional opportunities, you don't know what your talking about
  21. No Profile Picture
    cbp
    Contributing User

The parrots are out in force today!
    Originally Posted by sachin121
    DMOZ is the free business directory and internet marketing center that offers powerful promotional opportunities to your business and website.
    Care to explain exactly how DMOZ actually provides "powerful promotional opportunities"? My site get no traffic from DMOZ, so you is this a "powerful promotional opportunities"?

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees : lets close this b-4 we get too many un-informed idiots posting their ignorance.
  23. SEO Since 97