1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Getting Backlinks in 2013

I understand everything changed, and all the low quality links aren't good anymore.
    Now what is good? Everyone saying create content that people will like and link to, is that simple?
    Can any one show me an good examples, so what I'm asking is - What is the best way to get a backlink in September 2013?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Its not quite as simple as that, but that is the essence of it. Secondly, you need a good usable web site too. You could have great content and good links but a really poor site that people didn't interact with very well.
    Also, that nature of how people interact with your site and share your content through social media is also important.
    It kind of does come down to producing great content and a great web site and all the other pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by tstolber
    Its not quite as simple as that, but that is the essence of it. Secondly, you need a good usable web site too. You could have great content and good links but a really poor site that people didn't interact with very well.
    Also, that nature of how people interact with your site and share your content through social media is also important.
    It kind of does come down to producing great content and a great web site and all the other pieces of the puzzle fall into place.
    So let me summurize what you just said:

1. Great site useability
    2. Interesting and informative site
    3. Get pepole to share your content via social networks.

The above will get you backlinks? Becuase what you just mention is how to build a good site - not how to get backlinks.
    Am I missing something?
  7. No Profile Picture

What currently works good for me is tiered link building. My 1st tier is with only unique content and I create backlinks from Web2.0s, article submissions, social bookmarks and other high PR links. I try to focus on contextual backlinks since they have more value imo. The 2nd and 3rd tiers I repeat the scheme but I include some other types of backlinks like guestbooks, comments, forum posts and etc. The more types of backlinks you have, the better.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

To get good back links is not easy now a days but you should remember earned links are best it takes time but once you start with content quality you will get those back links. Start blogging or article writing with best quality content

thanks
    Ankit bansal

Comments on this post

• PhilipSEO : This doesn't answer the question. Stop posting fake responses.
    Last edited by dzine; Sep 9th, 2013 at 07:52 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture

How to create backlinks? It's not simple but its proper techniques can be learned. First thing you need to do is be natural. Carefully select the social networking and bookmarking you need for your business. Once you have the list in your spreadsheet, make it a regular habit to submit your updated blog to these sites. After submission, copy and paste each link and compile it on a spreadsheet. Every day, make an extra effort to visit these links to track if someone commented or asks a question.

Remember: Submit it manually, don't use any automation tool.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by deanryanmartin
    How to create backlinks? It's not simple but its proper techniques can be learned. First thing you need to do is be natural. Carefully select the social networking and bookmarking you need for your business. Once you have the list in your spreadsheet, make it a regular habit to submit your updated blog to these sites. After submission, copy and paste each link and compile it on a spreadsheet. Every day, make an extra effort to visit these links to track if someone commented or asks a question.

Remember: Submit it manually, don't use any automation tool.
    Thank you all for your answer, but this answer is much better because it have a working plan, so you saying to follow this:

1. Select a list of social network sites (Do you have a decent list?)
    2. Create an amazing content (OK)
    3. Add this amazing content to this networks.
    4. Repeat the process.

is that correct?
  15. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

The combination of targeted content creation and relationship building has worked very well for me. You create content, get attention to it through networking and finally see some links coming. This as well as the two methods mentioned above:

* Second-tier link building (legitly promoting your promoters by referring to them from your articles, helping their pages do better in social media, etc)
    * Niche social bookmarking (this is more useful for getting more visitors, growing your network and understanding what your audience wants/likes to read)
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  17. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    The combination of targeted content creation and relationship building has worked very well for me. You create content, get attention to it through networking and finally see some links coming. This as well as the two methods mentioned above:

* Second-tier link building (legitly promoting your promoters by referring to them from your articles, helping their pages do better in social media, etc)
    * Niche social bookmarking (this is more useful for getting more visitors, growing your network and understanding what your audience wants/likes to read)
    Hey Ann, first of all I'm really happy to hear you opinion I've saw your articles and I believe you have a very good knowledge and experience.

Now let's get to business

What do you mean by: "get attention to it through networking and finally see some links coming"
    Let say for example my site is related to travel, so i need to find people from the travel industry connect with them, and then offers them to promote my content through their site?

I understand you correctly?
  19. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Btory
    Please don't ruin the post with your advertising, thanks.
    Please use the "Report" button to report spam, link dropping and self advertising so we can remove it and the user.

Replying to these people just fuels the fire and keeps them posting!
    Reporting them gives us the lighter to burn the fuel out in one swift click!
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Please use the "Report" button to report spam, link dropping and self advertising so we can remove it and the user.

Replying to these people just fuels the fire and keeps them posting!
    Reporting them gives us the lighter to burn the fuel out in one swift click!
    Done. Cheers!
  23. No Profile Picture

The content is really the main factor in 2013 SEO to focus on. Getting pure backlinks doesn't work any more.
    First step in your SEO strategy should be relevant and catchy content. It catches not only the customers' attention but also is good for Google rankings.
  25. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Btory

What do you mean by: "get attention to it through networking and finally see some links coming"
    Let say for example my site is related to travel, so i need to find people from the travel industry connect with them, and then offers them to promote my content through their site?

I understand you correctly?
    Well, everything is a bit more complex... I seldom send my contacts anything; Usually I just post in social media and it gets some traction. This kind of following takes some time to build up...
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    Well, everything is a bit more complex... I seldom send my contacts anything; Usually I just post in social media and it gets some traction. This kind of following takes some time to build up...
    Do you have any technique to build this networking? I remember there was a firefox addon that helps you to connect with relevant people that related to your niche.

Some one knows?
  29. No Profile Picture

Hey all I'm a bit disappointed, we didn't found any clear answer.

How to get links? I'm talking about a work plan.
    And I'm talking about a new website.

Can someone please give us ideas?