1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Getting to #1 on Google

My website has been running since December 2006. It most definitely falls into the niche category which is why I have managed to get a ranking quite highly on Google. I just checked using rankerizer (not sure how accurate this is though) and nearly every phrase which include "Oscar fish" ranks at number one, or in the first five results. However, I am trying to get "Oscar fish" to number one on Google. However, another website seems to hold the top spot for this phrase. According to rankeriser they have 5737 back links going to their homepage. They have a PR3. Now my website has a PR4, about 11,300 back links to the homepage, yet I cannot get the ranking to number one with the phrase Oscar fish. Any idea of what is going on?
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Yes, not all links are of equal value.

You need to analyze the back link profile and determine which links are higher quality. The site ranking above you will have higher portion of its back links that are of higher quality than your site.

This is the crux of how the major search engines determine where a site ranks - the quality of the back links.

The anchor text and relevance of the sites linking to you are also highly important. This is illustrated by the fact that you have a PR4 (i.e higher link weight) and it is out ranked by a PR 3. PR is not a guarantee of a high ranking but it is an indicator of the link weight to a site.

1 good related link will be better than 100 average unrelated links yet the latter will likely result in a higher PR value.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

What position are you in for oscar fish? or how far away is the #1 spot?
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jan 6th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

you have to check whether that backlinks are nofallow or dofallow.and is that backlinks are relevant to your product or services.according to google guidlines the backlinks should be relevant to your product or services.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

1)Are you hiding the link for: Oscar Fish Food? I see it in the code but not visible on the page for some reason.2)They use Big text to mention the "The Ultimate Oscar Fish Community" and "Welcome to Oscarfish.Com!" but you have nothing with such big text. I think those 2 points can really help you rank higher.
  11. No Profile Picture

Hi Oscarfishlover, i've seen this a lot. keep doing what you are doing at it will appear for the single phrase. Backlink checkers are never conclusive as none of them display the full number backlinks. And yes quality is more important than quantity. So concentrate on building high quality links through authority websites in your industry and one day you'll see that you will suddenly jump on page one. I had a website stuck for 3 months on pages 3 and 4 for a highly competitive keyword then suddenly one day it jumped into 3rd place has has been there ever since.
  13. No Profile Picture

how to get PR 1 in Google.my company has been started from 20 years . I have managed ranking quite highly on Google.I am advertising of my company .how to made number one company from all other printing company in allover India. so am advertisement of my company.it provides all printing products to the customers such as calender,sweet box,wedding card and more.SO publicity of my company Gandhi card world Nagpur.
    THANK YOU.
  15. No Profile Picture

Make sure you cover all on-page aspects e.g content included all information, use meta tags etc.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You have to get more quality backlinks. And do work using organic seo. You would get first page rank.

Thanks
    Pat Gale
  19. No Profile Picture

you have to check your site backlinks where it is adding.
  21. No Profile Picture

Firstly check out your keywords, url and after that you attention should be on off-page activity to get more back links like do forum posting, article submission, blog posting, commenting on related theme blogs necessary.
  23. No Profile Picture

HI
    Do the hard and quality SEO work on the website to rank in 1st position in google search engine work on google caching sites...Better to get the results...
  25. No Profile Picture

That is not depend upon Quantity of Backlinks. It is all about Quality of Backlinks . Try to build more quality backlinks than your competitor and offer some unique and interesting content for your visitors regularly. It will helps you to beat your competitor in search results..!