1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Get google to redinex page when making changes?

Hi guys,

If you make changes to a page e.g. add more content or something is it good practice to get google to fetch that page again in search console?

My assumption is this way, Google can review the updated page quicker, resulting in faster changes in the SERPs for that page.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Novatronic
    Hi guys,

If you make changes to a page e.g. add more content or something is it good practice to get google to fetch that page again in search console?

My assumption is this way, Google can review the updated page quicker, resulting in faster changes in the SERPs for that page.

Thoughts?

Cheers.
    The simple answer is No, it does not work that way !!!

If it worked that way, Google would never get the net crawled, we would all be using fetch and render everyday. This would bog Google to a crawl, no pun intended, LOL.

When you use the fetch and render function, it does not mean your page will get scanned and then re-indexed with it's new ranking reflected. It is just a tool to determine if your site has problems in certain areas....
    So in reality, you can use fetch and render all you want, it will not index your content any faster.
    BTW, this is not opinion, see quote below.

My suggestion would be to look at your pages and then check the rankings from Google and see when Google updates your cached page. When you find the cache dates, then you can make a decision to make changes to the site a couple of days before the next crawl. So if you know Google crawls your site every two weeks, then you can roll out your changes on a schedule that a day after you make them they get indexed.

The below quote come from >>>>> https://support.google.com/webmaster.../6066468?hl=en
    Originally Posted by Google
    The Fetch as Google tool enables you to test how Google crawls or renders a URL on your site. You can use Fetch as Google to see whether Googlebot can access a page on your site, how it renders the page, and whether any page resources (such as images or scripts) are blocked to Googlebot. This tool simulates a crawl and render execution as done in Google's normal crawling and rendering process, and is useful for debugging crawl issues on your site.
    I would have thought you knew this already ?!?!
  5. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by stoic007
    Hi knowonespecial, how can you check the cache date of a page?
    When you type in your domain, like 'site:your-domain.com' you can view the dates in the cache.
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It's good to know more info about the Fetch as Google tool. I usually use it to sort of like force Google to index my updated page as I want it to (like right away!). hahah!
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

approx 2 or 3 days took time for indexing website. but it depends on how much web pages you made and if you write it unique content with WordPress UX and UI design
    then chances will be more bright in google search engine.