Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Free Backlinks types

Hi There...
    I'm new to SEO and Working on Site... I want to rank my new side and increase the authority of my website.
    Please guide me tell me what types of free backlinks I can create
    Experts Please help
    Thanks
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

The best help I can give you right now is to tell you that you should not try create backlinks. The strategy you are actually opting for will do more harm than good.
    Backlinks have weight in the ranking process but you should not try to manipulate your backlink profile without understanding fully the risks involved and what a good backlink is.
    Owner of Bennetonable | AdWords certified - Analytics qualified
    On-Page SEO Cheat Sheet | "My opinions are my own. Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
  5. No Profile Picture

I watched some tutorials about backlinkings and recently i created like 7, 8 or 10 Forums profile backlinks is it safe for my site?
    and Whatabout social bookmark backlinks? or I shouldn't create yet?
  7. SeoRaptor

Forums profile backlinks are very spammy and generally no follow so they have no interest in terms of ranking.
    social bookmark backlinks are generally no follow too so no direct interest for ranking.

In both this cases you'll want only to share your URL if it is a very useful addition. in case of a forum thread if users click through then you get traffic (even if there is no ranking impact) but the fact is that forum users generally don't click on links in threads. What is sure however is that you'll piss moderators because they will have to edit your posts. This is what we do here on all day long. Fighting spammers....

If you want a good advice you should concentrate on your content and your on-page SEO first.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Mar 13th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

I'm already working on On-Page SEO
    Basically My site is a Jobs Website
    I can't do proper on page seo and mostly my competitors don't have done proper on page seo but their site authority is higher than that's why they are ranking higher then me.. and that's why I'm looking to build some authority
    I'm already inter linking Gov and Edu sites relevant to my content...
    What about if I go with web 2.0 and writing article for my site or something related to give it dofollow backlink?
  11. SeoRaptor

Before reading my answer you should know that I deeply believe that every SEO has it's own specialization and Link building is not mine.

This being said, i don't have your URL so I'm not able to take a look at your On-Page SEO and content marketing strategies but I deduct from your answer that structured data and similar factors have no secrets for you even if I disagree with the assumption that there is little space for on-page optimisation on job posting website but this is not the question here.

Regarding backlinks I already told you it is a very dangerous road but if you are looking for backlink opportunities here are some things you might consider.

Social:
    - Social presence could be used to communicate on your job listings, LinkedIn, Viadeo or other professional related websites could be a good place to make people aware of your services but also of the offers on your website. Obviously your communications would bring a backlink but this is not what you should be aiming for in the first place. Those links are majorly no follow and posting a link that no one will click-through or share is a waste of time/money. A good article on the point on how to prepare for a job interview in a specific field for example or on the latest trends in job interviews for head hunters could be shared and bring both authority (I'm not talking about domain authority but real life authority) and traffic to your site.

Company websites:
    -If you have one two or twenty companies that post their job listing only on your site you could try and reach them telling them to add a "work for us" link on their website pointing at a listing of all open positions for that particular company on your website. These links would be relevant and bring quality traffic plus in case they would be do follow they would pass PR to your site.

Specialized websites or bloggers:
    - If you have a strong content strategy you could try reaching out to influencers in the themes of recruitment or other related topics and make them aware that you do create great content. Do not ask for a link, just promote your content your website strengths etc... there is nothing worse than receiving emails asking for links.

Internal linking:
    - Work on your internal links (may be you've done it may be not) but internal linking and external linking to high authority ressources is powerful and underestimated.

Remember that if a link brings no added value and is only there to try and manipulate your rankings (or domain/page authority - it is actually the same) then it is spam and you will end up being penalized.

Comments on this post

• HumzaArain agrees
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi HumzaArain,
    All of what Pierre said, plus...

If you are creating a job site, you will have many more very special issues to address before you consider link building.

• Your audiences. Do we presume you will need to target both job advertisers and job hunters?
    • Where are your searchers' located? Cities and country.
    • What will be your content building strategy? Nothing is as useless as a job site with no jobs. Will you build content starting with a type of job or location of jobs?
    • What will be your search query targeting plan? I.e. What permanent site pages will you need to publish to attract SE referrals?
    • How will you structure your site to pass PageRank to these pages?
    • What secondary search words do you need to automatically include on your pages? What are your competitors targeting and how do they do it?
    • Have you configured your job advertisers' submission form to automate all possible on-page naming conventions?

If you don't sort out all these essential job site creating issues and more, link building will be a complete waste of time.

Have you done Google results research to see how rife is your competition, who it is, how they structure their sites, what Googlebot pathways they create to pass PageRank and what on-page SEO naming conventions are part of their publishing systems?

Do a Google "site:" search to check out your competitors' sizes. Eg:

site:careerone.com.au/ = 270k pages
    site:seek.com.au/ = 1,640k pages

Check out the Googlebot pathways and search landing pages around which these sites are structures. Eg:

jobs.careerone.com.au/
    seek.com.au/sitemap

If you are building links, you will want to encourage them to land on a relevant internal job category page. Eg. You would want links from University accounting faculties and any professional accounting bodies to land on the appropriate Accounting jobs category page, not your site's Home page.

Are you aware of how PageRank is passed through a site? If these accounting sites linked to the Home pages, they would lose 99% (circa.) of their PageRank value before it reached the accounting category index page that you want to rank in the SERPs.

BTW, do you know why these two sites frequently rank top for many G.com.au searches? It is primarily to do with how the site publishing system is configured to deliver info to the category pages. Eg. For an "accountant jobs Sydney" search you get this page:

seek.com.au/jobs-in-accounting/in-All-Sydney-NSW

Look at all the iterations of how and where the three individual words in the search query are used on this page. If the site job category/location page starts to drop in the SERPs you can bet that the site publishers will flick a switch to increase the number of jobs displayed per page from 20 to 30. That will execute a dramatic improvement in Google rankings.

That said, "query deserves freshness" will be a major factor in a job site's ranking performance on Google. For the example Seek page, there are 18 jobs that have been added to the accountants Sydney ranking page in the last hour. If you are a new Australian job site, you will need to put a lot of thought into how you can attract visitors to your site when you have absolutely no hope of competing head-on with the Seeks and Careerones. You will never do it with link building. You don't have the resources.

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees : on the point
    • HumzaArain agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Mar 14th, 2018 at 04:27 AM.
  15. No Profile Picture

Great Post Many of my confusions are solved.
    Thanks Alot
    Last edited by HumzaArain; Mar 14th, 2018 at 08:04 AM.
  17. SeoRaptor

Many of my confusions are not solved.
    Hi HumzaArain,

I'm sorry we could solve your confusion, if you list them we can try answer them one by one.
  19. No Profile Picture

If you are creating a job site, you will have many more very special issues to address before you consider link building.

Your audiences. Do we presume you will need to target both job advertisers and job hunters?
    Where are your searchers' located? Cities and country.
    What will be your content building strategy? Nothing is as useless as a job site with no jobs. Will you build content starting with a type of job or location of jobs?
    What will be your search query targeting plan? I.e. What permanent site pages will you need to publish to attract SE referrals?
    How will you structure your site to pass PageRank to these pages?
    What secondary search words do you need to automatically include on your pages? What are your competitors targeting and how do they do it?
    Have you configured your job advertisers' submission form to automate all possible on-page naming conventions?

Hi JohnAmit
    Really Thanks for your reply
    Basically I have already created my jobs website not currently have more then 150 jobs on my website and I want to target Jobs Hunter only.
    My Targeted Country is Pakistan and I'm posting all jobs advertisements on daily basis its like a week old and I'm likely posting near about 20 jobs aday
    Basically my targets aren't doing any type of On page SEO I did a search and I found they are not adding any proper text they are just posting jobs adertisement banner Photos
    But I'm working on both content and advertisement as well.
    I created a simple and user friendly site structure so people will not face any problem with complex structure... Some of my compitetors have complex site structure which is quite annoying i found that's why focused on user experience mostly
    Here is my Site URL https://pakjobscenter.com
    I Know I'm not adding too much content on my jobs listing just because Its like 40 50+ Jobs advertisement banners are being posted in newspapers on sites etc... So basically to cover as much as i can I have to reduce quanitiy of text I'm adding in my Post... Thats what I'm currently doing

I have created 250 different jobs categories for which I'm going to work with... some populor jobs on my sites are from governments and educational institutes... I'm inter linking .gov and .edu domains as well I know this thing is going to put more effect isnt it?

As you told above I have proper names assigned for each jobs category

For more information you can have a look on my website as well

Thanks alot for your Reply
    Lots of my confusions were solved after reading your and Pierre Benneton's Reply

Once again Thanks <3
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Pierre Benneton
    Hi HumzaArain,

I'm sorry we could solve your confusion, if you list them we can try answer them one by one.
    ops sorry typing mistake I was supposed to Write Many of my confusions are solved...

But typing mistake
    Once again Thanks for your Reply and help <3
    I'm definately going to work on content based backlink as you told above thanks
  23. SeoRaptor

I took a very quick look at your site, and there is definitively some improvements that could be made to your title tags both on an SEO point of views and on a CTR point of view (at least on the 3-4 pages I looked at). Speed optimization is also something you should look into, I don't know how quickly the site loads from pakistan but from France it's a bit too slow for me.
    I'll try to take a look at it later, but I have little time these days.
    Last edited by Pierre Benneton; Mar 14th, 2018 at 08:44 AM.
  25. No Profile Picture

Yeah Pierre Benneton you are right I didn't spent any time doing for any type of optimization such as image optimization and so on I will go through it tomorrow
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi HumzaArain,
    The most important SE ranking factor is the level of competition for the #1 position for every relevant search query. Search ranking is a point scoring exercise. The more competition, the more ranking points needed.

My initial "guestimate" is that the Pakistan job search market is a very low competition market. I suspect there are many job category / city search queries where no external links will be needed to rank page #1 of the SERPs.

Eg. A test search query: plumbing jobs Karachi

#7 Ranked page: rozee.pk/search/plumbing-jobs-in-karachi

There is not one plumber job listed on this page. It seems to rank by virtue of the combined ranking point score for the words "plumbing", "jobs" and "Karachi" used on the page and the internal page links to it.

Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs. It is impossible to know where the poster is at on a forum.

First thing to note:

There are TWO versions of most job site web pages

If I use the Home page site search function for "plumbing" and "Karachi", I get the page: rozee.pk/job/jsearch/q/plumbing/fc/1184

This is not the page ranked #7 by Google. You need to note the important but subtle differences. Eg:

Site Search Page: rozee.pk/job/jsearch/q/plumbing/fc/1184
    URL Includes: "Job" and "plumbing"
    Title: Karachi Jobs in Pakistan - ROZEE.PK
    Breadcumbs: HOME - JOB SEARCH - PLUMBING JOBS
    H1 Text: Sorry, we could not find any job for the keywords that you entered

G Search Page: rozee.pk/search/plumbing-jobs-in-karachi
    URL Includes: "Job", "plumbing" and "Karachi"
    Title: Plumbing Jobs in Karachi, Latest Plumbing Jobs Pakistan - ROZEE.PK
    Breadcumbs: HOME - JOBS IN PAKISTAN - PLUMBING JOBS IN KARACHI - These show internal relevant links with televant link text
    H1 Text: Plumbing Jobs in Karachi

The site owner wants G to index versions of web pages that are not generated by the site search function.

If you hunt around the Home page of job sites you will usually find a link to a sitemap page. This is NOT an XML sitemap, it is an html version of thousands of pages that have been specifically written to target search queries that are based on the search combinations of:

(job category or sub-category) + "job(s)" + (location word(s) these may be city and/or state and/or country)

If you look at the very last line of text on rozee.pk you will see a link to "Sitemap". That link takes you to a pathway to all the versions of the site pages that the Rozee publishers want G to index and rank in the SERPs.

For other frequently high ranking sites in your search market, you will likely find obscure links like this to the versions of pages they want G to index.

For sites like this, an important SEO factor is grouping/linking search word related pages together. This site does it with these secondary search topic landing page pathways:

rozee.pk/jobs-by-industry
    rozee.pk/jobs-by-city
    rozee.pk/jobs-by-functional-area

These give Googlebot pathways down to (eg.): rozee.pk/search/accountant-jobs-in-karachi

I recommend you study what SEO tactics your competitors are doing down at this level of page type in detail. You will likely need to view them in web page and in "text-only" format via a "site:" search. (site:rozee.pk/search/accountant-jobs-in-karachi)

SE ranking is a point scoring exercise based on how the individual words in a search query are used on a page. We don't know the details nor the ranking values for how words are used but certain applications are known to be worth more than others.

High scoring word use positions include, In:

• URLs
    • Link text
    • <title> tags

Mid and low scoring positions include:

• Text sizes (H1 -> H6)
    • Body text
    • Etc.

When I assess a text-only version of rozee.pk/search/accountant-jobs-in-karachi I see these word use volumes:

Accountant(s)
    In URL = 1
    In title = 2
    In link text = 23
    Other = 23

Job(s)
    In URL = 1
    In title = 2
    In link text = 74
    Other = 20

Karachi
    In URL = 1
    In title = 1
    In link text = 22
    Other = 9

Totals
    In URL = 3
    In title = 5
    In link text = 119
    Other = 52

Look at where these uses occur on the page. Many are generated from the data fields in the advertiser's job submission form.

What could be done to easily score more ranking points? Increase the number of jobs listed from 20 per page to (eg.) 40 per page.

Ranking point scoring opportunities: Upload job advertiser's logo, make it another link to the job advertised. Include relevant alt text as this text will be "read" by G as link text.

Compare to your web pages...

I don't see:

A Googlebot pathway page to all the options provided by the Rozee site.
    Job type listings by city search landing pages
    Example of how your page would score for accountant jobs Karachi.

It seems this is your best landing page: pakjobscenter.com/job-category/accounting-finance/

Accountant(s)
    In URL = 1
    In title = 1
    In link text = 2
    Other = 3

Job(s)
    In URL = 1
    In title = 0
    In link text = 78
    Other = 10

Karachi
    In URL = 0
    In title = 0
    In link text = 2
    Other = 0

Totals
    In URL = 2
    In title = 1
    In link text = 101
    Other = 13

For your type of site, I've always found on-page assessment of how individual search words are used to be infinitely more valuable than any SEO tool that spits out domain authority values and external links. They can't report the SEO factors of relevance to your site.

With job sites you need to target literally tens of thousands of different search queries. Your site is not structured to do this well.

I suggest you won't rank anywhere near Rozee pages for most job search queries. I expect many of your other competitors will also dominate your page rankings.

You will not be able to sort out your inherent search ranking problems with external links. You first need to target the relevant search queries.

Hope this explains the issues better.

Comments on this post

• Pierre Benneton agrees
  29. No Profile Picture

Explained Really Well I'm going to take everything you told me in my mind
    Btw check hows my site is doing right now
    Here is traffic report my site is like hardly 2 weeks old when I started posting jobs on it

https://imgur.com/a/NFhlL
    Last edited by HumzaArain; Mar 17th, 2018 at 06:51 AM.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: