1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Find out why we are ranking?

Hello,

We rank very well for our selected keywords, number 1 for nearly all of them which is great! But I want to try and figure out why we are ranking so well. I do the SEO for the comapny. I try to keep the on page optimised and also do my best at link building. But our link profile isn't actually that great. We have competitiors with a better link profile than us. So I am trying to figure out why we rank so well so that we can keep improving on this to stay at number one.

What recomendations do you have to try and find this out? And if you ran the SEO for a business that is number one for every keyword what would you be doing on a daily basis to remain at the number 1 position?

Thanks
  3. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Are you sure you're not looking at personalized results?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Are you sure you're not looking at personalized results?
    i'm sure. I'm tracking the positions through AHrefs and Moz. I do know what I'm doing with SEO, just wanted to know which parts of what I am doing are having the biggest impact as link building doesn't seem to be a major reason why we rank.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

How have you come to the conclusion that your competitors have better link profiles?
  9. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

We have competitors with a better link profile than us
    Nowadays, backlinks are dangerous game so that might be one reason you backlinks profile would be safer than your competitors
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by PInder325
    i'm sure. I'm tracking the positions through AHrefs and Moz. I do know what I'm doing with SEO, just wanted to know which parts of what I am doing are having the biggest impact as link building doesn't seem to be a major reason why we rank.
    You can check where backlinks come from in Ahrefs.
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by PInder325
    Hello,

We rank very well for our selected keywords, number 1 for nearly all of them which is great! But I want to try and figure out why we are ranking so well. I do the SEO for the comapny. I try to keep the on page optimised and also do my best at link building. But our link profile isn't actually that great. We have competitiors with a better link profile than us. So I am trying to figure out why we rank so well so that we can keep improving on this to stay at number one.

What recomendations do you have to try and find this out? And if you ran the SEO for a business that is number one for every keyword what would you be doing on a daily basis to remain at the number 1 position?

Thanks
    Depends on your keywords / products.
    If you're the only company that sells axe-murdering-unicorn-pheasant-gnomes its going to be a lot easier to rank number 1 than if your name is McDonald and you sell burgers at your local farm.

Could you let us know your domain and keywords - be interested to take a look
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You're sort of suggesting a reverse SEO audit - I like it. Sounds like you're in a good spot and on track. If you are confident it's not the links what other factors are there? I would just run down the list of options (e.g. mobile friendly, secure, fast, schema, structure, etc) and keep drilling down until you notice what factor it could be.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

IMO you are ranking for the keyword which has very low keyword density and there are very few competitors ranking for those keywords that's why you are ranking good in SERP's.