1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Few of my keywords moved to nowhere while others are intact

I guess, I am posting for the first time here, and for sure I am in a big confusion. I made some interlinking changes to my site on 24th and 25th and in the next 2-3 days, few
    of my keywords rank got sinked to nowhere. These were somewhere on the second and 3rd pages. I tried to optimize the interlinking by removing 'stuffed like' links as the ranks were not moving up.
    After that, I tried to make the site follow silo structure and all, but nothing is helping, though traffic is still the same.
    Should I restore the site back to that day when I made the changes?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Generally speaking, you should only make a single change and test it's results before making a second change.

Upon seeing a decline as you have described, then making additional changes, ie, silo'ning the url sructure, you have no idea of what is causing what.

Originally Posted by thefundu
    Should I restore the site back to that day when I made the changes?
    Yes ! Get back to a known stable state.

Also from what you stated

Originally Posted by thefundu
    I made some interlinking changes to my site on 24th and 25th and in the next 2-3 days, few of my keywords rank got sinked to nowhere.
    You can normally take some liberties with using keyword rich anchor txt on your site pointing to other pages on your site. Really there is no reason to not use a particular keyword / phrase unless you are "STUFFING IT".

I am curious, did you do the changes to the links and the url structure at the same time. Probably, as this would cause those new pages to sort of be starting from scratch. You can help alleviate that some by using 301 redirects on the affected pages.

Create a redirect from the old page to the new page or for however many pages you did this to and you I think your statistics should return to your norm.