1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Engaging visitors to website

For newsite.proviolin.com, should I have teaching videos on every page of my website or only videos on the homepage?

Please answer just this question as I am working on one thing at a time. Thank you.
    Last edited by violingirl1978; Feb 16th, 2018 at 01:25 PM.
  3. Just a Photographer
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Your site takes too long. Having multiple videos is distracting and takes too long to load. I personally wouldn't list videos on your home page. I would have a link called Videos on your navigation.
    - Mike

Jack of all trades, master of none.
  5. Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yep, I totally agree with Mike. Even if you were to dedicate some pages to videos though, I'd probably also lazy load all of which are out of the viewport too.

Google's Mobile first index is coming soon, meaning more emphasis on load times. Having multiple videos on any page will turn them a bit sluggish, lazy loading should help with this.
    Last edited by matt1966; Feb 16th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What is the viewport? I disabled the BJ Lazy Load and other caching plugins so when I make changes to the color, I can see them right away. Yeah, I haven't touched the loading page of my website but I will at some point. Do you know when exactly Google's Mobile first index is coming other than saying soon? What does Google's mobile first index entail and how do you know that google is coming out with this? Just curious so I can stay more up to date on this. Thank you.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think you can keep videos in the only violin lessons section, not need to keep separate video section. As in the violin lessons section all video are equipped category wise, so it is good.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hello jenny, thank you for your feedback. Besides the loading speed, I will disable plugins later so that should loading speed, do you think my home page is engaging enough? I don't put my rates on purpose because I don't want to see what my competitors are charging but how should I make newsite.proviolin.com more engaging?
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

In order to make this more engaging, I would add more images. Right now, the home page is one lengthy block of text and images would help break up that text best. Also, you could add a contact box instead of a contact link. The text also doesn't appear centered on my end as it only extends two-thirds of the screen. My honest recommendation is that you explore templates which will give your website a more modern look and feel, as it appears overly simple/dated.
  15. No Profile Picture

You can have a navigation tag for videos which includes all your teaching videos as it slows down the Sitespeed increases the website load. Secondly would like to recommend to redesign homepage with new template design & add content centered to it as the space recovered by the content in the current stage is completely left leaving major space to the right side which doesn't look Good & responsive.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hostech, how are you viewing my site? What type of cell phone are you using if any? When I check this tool, I get 100/100 for a score on many pages: https://www.seocentro.com/tools/seo/...-friendly.html. What is a navigation tag?
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What would adding a contact box instead of a contact link do? Just wondering. Would you suggest putting my text into columns with images?
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by violingirl1978
    Hostech, how are you viewing my site? What type of cell phone are you using if any? When I check this tool, I get 100/100 for a score on many pages: https://www.seocentro.com/tools/seo/...-friendly.html. What is a navigation tag?
    "You can have a navigation tag for videos which includes all your teaching videos as it slows down the Sitespeed increases the website load."

This means You already have a Videos navigation link on your website so you can upload your videos only in that section". No need to add videos on home page.Instead you can add images to your homepage.
    Browsing your website through Desktop
    Last edited by Hostech_Support; Feb 22nd, 2018 at 01:34 AM.