1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

EMD Domain & In House Blogger

Hey Guys,

I finally got my EMD domain to page 2 (#13 overall) for its main keyword.

I want to push it to front page (obviously) .. I have an in house blogger .. I am wondering if
    anyone has any tips for me?

The first thing I wanted to do was have her write 1000+ word articles instead of 2 (500) word articles..For example. Any other Tips?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What is the reasoning behind increasing the word count of the articles, if I might ask?

In my experience, it's mainly the quality of the content that matters - for converting users, for getting links and for getting Google to recognize the content as relevant to the right queries. Simply doubling the word count per Article isn't going to do much if the content is poor or if its sole purpose is to lace it with keywords.

Having said that, if you have a dedicated blogger who writes all the content on the site, I'd make sure that Schema Authorship markup is being properly implemented on the content. If there is genuine value to the content being written, you'll want Google and other search engines to know WHO it was written by and for the algos to start associating quality signals (links, co-citations, social shares, high engagement metrics, etc) with that specific Author. Over time, the site's association with that Author can be fully leveraged if his/her authority/relevance is clear to the algos.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by daniel.o; Aug 6th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture

EMD domains do rank faster for websites that for sure, but if you keep on targeting that keyword again & again can lead to the lost of rankings. Some how to increase the ranking now is to use synonyms or similar words or use long keywords to make it on first page.

Most of the SEO professional will suggest you to write 500-600 words articles. Reason is that reader never reads whole article, they want to have article that describe well & they should get easily what they want in articles. So, make your content engaging. Articles with 1000 words have high bounce rate & that will affect the anchor links. So, article should be engaging but not lengthy, because lengthy articles have same content again & again with different style which make feel people to get bore.

I Hope this will help you..
  7. No Profile Picture
    Using Contributor
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Your blog articles should only be as long as they become while writing a quality article. Sometimes this is 100 words long, sometimes 2000. Google gets better and better at recognizing what your content is about, so don't waste time stuffing keywords in there or trying to find a magic word count. It's good to have your main keywords and phrases prominent in your blog, but don't force them in there. Hummingbird has made it more important than ever to write naturally.

Just make sure that seach engines can see what your content is. Schema markup, alt tags, structure etc. need to be properly set up, as well as a clear and recognizable category structure and internal linking for your blog as a whole. This benefits your readers and your SEO.