1. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content?

Using PageSpeed Insights I get this should fix error Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content but I have like not idea really how ot do it.

Could someone real good at this help me out?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

How many different pieces of javascript are on the page?

I would simply comment each piece of javascript out, one at a time and check if you still get the error prompt when each one is commented out. Then dig into the javascript and see why it's preventing the page from rendering. May also consider following this "comment out and check" approach with the CSS
    Working on rock the pitch, my soccer site.
    I also offer CRO consulting & split testing services. PM me if you want a higher conversion rate / help figuring out what to test.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thanks buddy but that stuff you are talking about for me is like a rocket science
    Could you please check my source code and give me some advice. My website link is on my profile or just hover oven my username and click on homepage!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The PageSpeed Insights tool doesn't report "errors" per se....it simply identifies changes that could be made to reduce page load time and prioritizes them based on what changes would drive the biggest savings in load time. I've seen that stock recommendation for dozens of client sites and it's not an error - it's a suggestion. The more likely problem here isn't that the JS isn't rendering, but rather it IS rendering but it's taking longer for the page to load, especially above-the-fold elements that often aren't even utilizing the JS.

Here's a great article on the subject from Pat Sexton, where he describes one of the most egregious "offenders" of this - jQuery: How to remove render-blocking javascripts

Hope that helps!

Comments on this post

• DanSEO agrees
    Last edited by daniel.o; Jun 24th, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Thanks buddy very much lets see if can make it happen
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by daniel.o
    The PageSpeed Insights tool doesn't report "errors" per se....it simply identifies changes that could be made to reduce page load time and prioritizes them based on what changes would drive the biggest savings in load time. I've seen that stock recommendation for dozens of client sites and it's not an error - it's a suggestion. The more likely problem here isn't that the JS isn't rendering, but rather it IS rendering but it's taking longer for the page to load, especially above-the-fold elements that often aren't even utilizing the JS. Here's a great article on the subject from Pat Sexton, where he describes one of the most egregious "offenders" of this - jQuery: How to remove render-blocking javascripts

Hope that helps!
    good answer for the question asked here. It will really work