Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    11

    Smile E-Commerce Website


    Hi all,

    I want to know that how to optimize an e-commerce website without having good content?
    Last edited by gramsmith; Apr 4th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
  2. #2
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Power
    19
    Write "good" content.
    Title tags, meta descriptions, alt tags on images.
    Nice h1 header's for product names.

    Link architecture. domain/category/product
    don't use underscores, if you must use dashes.
  4. #3
  5. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK - Kent - Maidstone - PC!
    Posts
    3,752
    Rep Power
    1488
    Originally Posted by gramsmith
    Hi all,

    I want to know that how to optimize an e-commerce website without having good content?
    The same way as you would do off-site seo for any other site, but your less likely to get the links you ask for if people dont see anything worth linking too!

    You need to go get yourself some good content to add to the site, be it written by you or out sources (not from other sites though! you need unique content of your own!).

    This is where the saying content is king comes in to play, no matter how much people say content is king aint true, it really is when you dont have anything worth linking to

    Comments on this post

    • Lb1878 agrees : you have to have something that is worthy of links
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

    "stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    50
    Rep Power
    11

    Smile


    Originally Posted by NathanielB
    The same way as you would do off-site seo for any other site, but your less likely to get the links you ask for if people dont see anything worth linking too!

    You need to go get yourself some good content to add to the site, be it written by you or out sources (not from other sites though! you need unique content of your own!).

    This is where the saying content is king comes in to play, no matter how much people say content is king aint true, it really is when you dont have anything worth linking to
    Hi NathanielB,

    Thanks for the reply but i wanted to know that if i have a site and home page having lots of products & images and have very few content in that case what will be the optimization strategy.I wanted to one more thing that what should i have on my home page regarding products and image placing and for visitor attractions.

    waiting for positive reply..
  8. #5
  9. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,300
    Rep Power
    520
    Originally Posted by gramsmith
    Hi NathanielB,

    Thanks for the reply but i wanted to know that if i have a site and home page having lots of products & images and have very few content in that case what will be the optimization strategy.I wanted to one more thing that what should i have on my home page regarding products and image placing and for visitor attractions.

    waiting for positive reply..
    I thought the answer was provided already but the recommendation was to ADD content. Create unique product descriptions, add content to support the images. Google cannot read contents of an image. They can read the file name, alternate text (alt text) and the content found around the image and on the page to help them understand what the image is about.

    You can optimize your checkout process, your navigation and ease of finding products, shortening the # of clicks it takes to make the purchase, search features and the list goes on. You should start by adding some content and move on from there.

    One thing that irks me about e-commerce sites is when there is a button next to a product such as a buy now and it does not lead you to the checkout or where it tells you it's going to take you.
    "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,689
    Rep Power
    2482
    Originally Posted by gramsmith
    I want to know that how to optimize an e-commerce website without having good content?
    Option A: create new good content
    Option B: improve old poor content
    Option C: do both

    If your site does not have good content I think you should close it and spend your time drinking beer.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    South Dallas
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    9
    Just want to add.. , I think better if you add 'blog' on your online shop. Just talk about your product, the quality, etc. Sure, you can promote your product too. Many times ago I have same problem with you, then I use this method..
  14. #8
  15. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK - Kent - Maidstone - PC!
    Posts
    3,752
    Rep Power
    1488
    Originally Posted by gramsmith
    Hi NathanielB,

    Thanks for the reply but i wanted to know that if i have a site and home page having lots of products & images and have very few content in that case what will be the optimization strategy.I wanted to one more thing that what should i have on my home page regarding products and image placing and for visitor attractions.

    waiting for positive reply..
    We have already advised you add content if its not currently on your site/home page. How you do that is up to you, its your site and your design, you should know the best way to add content, if not hire a designer to have a play with it for you

    We use a number of options for adding content to page that dont have a lot of room such as scroll boxes, js boxes with css (cant think how to it explain but I'm making a new dedicated server web site at home (just for something to do) which is using it at the bottom of the page if you want to see what I mean www.dediboxworld.com).

    As for where to place bits on your page, you really should hire a designer for this to get the best out come for what you need on your site as every site is different. But the general rule of thumb is to have whats important above the fold, first impressions count! and that's what will make a lot of people leave if its not good when they first enter your page!
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    You don't need a designer just build pages of keyword focused content and that's it!
  18. #10
  19. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    UK - Kent - Maidstone - PC!
    Posts
    3,752
    Rep Power
    1488
    Originally Posted by nobi
    You don't need a designer just build pages of keyword focused content and that's it!
    Not at all dude. You could have the best content in the world but if you site looks like **** and/or loads slow due to bad design you will lose out on a lot of traffic.

    There is no point in getting #1 on google for xyz if people aint going to use your site, every aspect of a website is important from and plan to design and right the way down to keeping the smallest of things up to date.

    This is your business, spend time and money on it to make it all the best you can!
  20. #11
  21. Dancin with the devil
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,300
    Rep Power
    520
    Originally Posted by NathanielB
    Not at all dude. You could have the best content in the world but if you site looks like **** and/or loads slow due to bad design you will lose out on a lot of traffic.

    There is no point in getting #1 on google for xyz if people aint going to use your site, every aspect of a website is important from and plan to design and right the way down to keeping the smallest of things up to date.

    This is your business, spend time and money on it to make it all the best you can!
    Excellent point!

    You have to make one of two commitments (or both)... either money or time. If you dont have the time to do it yourself, pay someone. If you dont have the money to pay for someone to do it, do it yourself. Some sort of investment is imperitive if you want to achieve success. Plain and simple.
  22. #12
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    0
    Every person with common sense can make a decent header and put the navbar to the left hand side. Keep it simple is the most successful approach.
    Just make a decent header with Gimp avoid a flash website and just build content. Taste is different with people. Some think this is a good design and some think this is not.

    Don't waste money and time on design, only beginners do this.
    Look at the design of big companies like Google, Ebay etc., it is simple and stupid. That's the way to go.
    A design has never made a website successful, just useful content and links create success!!!
    Only newbies worry about design.
  24. #13
  25. nut case
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    nowhere in particular
    Posts
    429
    Rep Power
    125
    Originally Posted by nobi
    Every person with common sense can make a decent header and put the navbar to the left hand side. Keep it simple is the most successful approach.
    Just make a decent header with Gimp avoid a flash website and just build content. Taste is different with people. Some think this is a good design and some think this is not.

    Don't waste money and time on design, only beginners do this.
    Look at the design of big companies like Google, Ebay etc., it is simple and stupid. That's the way to go.
    A design has never made a website successful, just useful content and links create success!!!
    Only newbies worry about design.
    I'd have to disagree with that, and strongly too! For me the internet is a visual experience, in which design plays an important role. There's tons of websites with decent content on most topics, what's to make your website stand out from the rest? For me a plain website that the owner/webmaster put little design effort into doesn't create a favorable first impressions so it would need to have damn good to keep me there beyond the first paragraph, and would need to have better content than the other websites on the topic if I'm to bookmark it. A decent website design, on the other hand, shows that someone put a bit of effort in it so as a visitor I'd give it a little more trust; that is human nature after all, we like pretty stuff. So I'd have to say the newbies are not as dumb as you imply.
    Last edited by Poiesis01; Apr 15th, 2011 at 09:01 AM.
    oops! I think I got that wrong! Sorry
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    10
    Add content, as others have said. Make a way for customers to be able to leave product reviews - these are often full of keywords. Guest-blog and link to product pages.
  28. #15
  29. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    you have to need add comment to different threats at list 15-20 then you can use forums for SEO
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM
  2. You shouldnt and should worry about this!!!
    By incdeveloper in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Aug 29th, 2006, 04:56 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 28th, 2005, 02:58 AM
  4. does website HOST location affect your rank??
    By JoeBob in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Aug 29th, 2004, 02:41 PM
  5. Optimising your website for a different country
    By leedslad73 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Feb 26th, 2004, 12:15 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo