Thread: E-commerce blog

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

E-commerce blog

We have a blog on your e-commerce site -

I just want people's opinions. Do you think it would be better if the blog page didn't have the navigation bar at the top? I feel that this could make people reluctant to share my posts as they are obviously on an E-commerce site.
    Last edited by PInder325; Apr 27th, 2016 at 04:19 AM.
  3. SeoRaptor
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

France, Saint-Etienne

On your blog posts pages, the top menu doesn't disturb me at all.
    But your blog main page you should change the way it looks it's not appealing at all, I though you add no content in your post when i first looked at it then I clicked a random article and good surprise the page has content and looks nice. All this to say that the menu didn't disturb me on this page either because my attention was caught by another problem.

May be you should add an image under your blog posts titles or add more intro text to make it more appealing.
    Owner of Bennetonable "My opinions are my own - Feel free to disagree & think above the fold."
    AdWords certified (Search, Display, Video, Mobile, Shopping) - Analytics qualified
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Nottingham, UK
    I would agree with everything Pierre said above, and my feeling is if the content is quality then most people wouldn't have an issue with sharing whether it's on an e-commerce site or not.

Also thinking about when you get traffic to your blog post, what do you want them to do? I imagine you'd like a percentage of them to either make a purchase or sign up to your newsletter... an action other than just read and leave. In which case the menu gives them another way to navigate your site and maybe you'd see on your analytics if people are going from your blog to your sales pages.

I'd also suggest to make it easier for visitors to read multiple blog posts either with a sidebar or related posts at the end, as the longer they stay the more likely they are to take some action or find something they love and want to share.

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : Great advice here!