Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

dynamic pages not read by google

i have website
    www.sjewels.biz
    which is indexed by google but its content not shown in google results this shows that google cant read asp pages, after this i converted the asp page to html but now also iot is not indexed by google
    are asp pages like www.sjewels.biz/demo.asp not indexed by google? then what asp pages are indexed by google.com
    Last edited by Jason; Aug 12th, 2004 at 05:29 PM.
  3. <- Solan Gundersen
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

A quick check shows this:
    PR0
    No backlinks
    Homepage not cached.

This has nothing to do with asp-pages. Google have no problem with spidering asp-pages.

You need some backlinks and PR, and Google will start spidering your pages. Be patient, and take your time to read this thread: http://forums.seochat.com/t8704/s.html

Your pages really need some optimization also.

And BTW, don't post active links to your website.
  5. No Profile Picture

i have backlinks for the site
    by backlink u mean that home page is accesible by all pages, that is present in the home and all other pages
    what optimization the pages require
    thanks for yur help
    Last edited by kunalsethi; Jul 29th, 2004 at 01:18 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Backlinks me links on other web pages that link back to your site.
    If google's page rank system, a backlink is "a vote for your site" meaning that it is more important.
  9. No Profile Picture

thanks for replying
    but i have some pages that link to the above website, but the problem is that are listed in the links but is whon when u click on
    Find web pages that contain the term www.sjewels.biz in google result page
    thats strange
    Last edited by Jason; Aug 12th, 2004 at 05:30 PM.
  11. No Profile Picture

thanks for replying
    but i have some pages that link to the above website, but the problem is that are listed in the links but is whon when u click on
    Find web pages that contain the term www.sjewels.biz in google result page
    thats strange
    look at this page
    Last edited by Jason; Aug 12th, 2004 at 05:31 PM.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google doesn't have any problems reading asp pages or sites.

Before switching over to using Cold Fusion all the time, we used to use ASP for everything and we never had a problem getting Google or any other engine to pick up the ASP pages.

I took a quick look, currently Google has your site indexed, Search Google for - site:www.sjewels.biz

Your problem isn't with ASP or HTML, its with the way you optimized your site.

The first thing I would do is remove the no right click script form the site. Especially since it only takes about 9Seconds to get around it.

I didn't look that deep into the site because once I saw the title, I knew that you would have to go back and make some serious modifications to the SEO of this site.

Here is your title:

<title>Sanskriti - jewels, jewellery, hand made jewellery, hand made jewels, precious stones, diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire, semi-precious, semiprecious jewllery, ruby, best quality jewellery, star-ruby, amethyst garnet, peridot, indian jewllery, indian handicrafts, city of love jewllery, agra jewels, agra handicrafts, good quality, jewellery, reasonably priced jewellery, gold jewellery, silver jewellery, antique jewellery, latest designs, modern jewellery, sanskriti jewels, indian sanskriti, sanskriti, sanskriti diamonds, five quality diamond jewellery, bracelets , rings, necklaces, pendants, brooches, earrings, bangles, kashmir sapphires, mughal jewellery, 18k jewellery </title>

It is 676 characters including the spaces - That is way to many. Google only reads about 60 characters and the other engines only see about 100 characters.

By using 676 characters Google is probably viewing it as spam and therefore not ranking your site very well.

You are also using over 660 characters for your keywords and you are using commas.

I would reduce the number of characters to 255 and remove the commas. Some like the commas but I never use them.

My advice would be do completely redo the optimization for the site, after 2 to 4 weeks you should start seeing progress.

If your not, then you need to go back and tweak the changes that you made.

You should be able to see the results of your work within 2 to 4 weeks, this doesn't mean you will have a #1 ranking in 2 weeks, it means that you should be able to see either a positive change or a negative change in the way Google ranks your site, or any other engine for that matter.

BTW Good Luck

Ray Gonzalez
  15. No Profile Picture

Can u also help in getting back links for the websites?
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Submit to free directories for backlinks.
  19. No Profile Picture

Exclamation

I have added the website to free directories and its now shown in google and other alternatves?
    Last edited by kunalsethi; Aug 12th, 2004 at 06:15 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by raygonzalez
    Google doesn't have any problems reading asp pages or sites.

Before switching over to using Cold Fusion all the time, we used to use ASP for everything and we never had a problem getting Google or any other engine to pick up the ASP pages.

I took a quick look, currently Google has your site indexed, Search Google for - site:www.sjewels.biz

Your problem isn't with ASP or HTML, its with the way you optimized your site.

The first thing I would do is remove the no right click script form the site. Especially since it only takes about 9Seconds to get around it.

I didn't look that deep into the site because once I saw the title, I knew that you would have to go back and make some serious modifications to the SEO of this site.

Here is your title:

<title>Sanskriti - jewels, jewellery, hand made jewellery, hand made jewels, precious stones, diamond, ruby, emerald, sapphire, semi-precious, semiprecious jewllery, ruby, best quality jewellery, star-ruby, amethyst garnet, peridot, indian jewllery, indian handicrafts, city of love jewllery, agra jewels, agra handicrafts, good quality, jewellery, reasonably priced jewellery, gold jewellery, silver jewellery, antique jewellery, latest designs, modern jewellery, sanskriti jewels, indian sanskriti, sanskriti, sanskriti diamonds, five quality diamond jewellery, bracelets , rings, necklaces, pendants, brooches, earrings, bangles, kashmir sapphires, mughal jewellery, 18k jewellery </title>

It is 676 characters including the spaces - That is way to many. Google only reads about 60 characters and the other engines only see about 100 characters.

By using 676 characters Google is probably viewing it as spam and therefore not ranking your site very well.

You are also using over 660 characters for your keywords and you are using commas.

I would reduce the number of characters to 255 and remove the commas. Some like the commas but I never use them.

My advice would be do completely redo the optimization for the site, after 2 to 4 weeks you should start seeing progress.

If your not, then you need to go back and tweak the changes that you made.

You should be able to see the results of your work within 2 to 4 weeks, this doesn't mean you will have a #1 ranking in 2 weeks, it means that you should be able to see either a positive change or a negative change in the way Google ranks your site, or any other engine for that matter.

BTW Good Luck

Ray Gonzalez
    Doesn't google penalise sites that do this?

i.e. huge titles, meta keywords, meta description ..?

Dan
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Question I use way more than 255 characters in my keywords and am doing very well in all the search engines. I am not so sure it really matters in the keywords just don't repeat the same word over and over as this is spam. I know you can get too many keywords and there is no way to optimize for them, I just don't think the keywords are an issue, the title and description are a different matter.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ih8google
    Doesn't google penalise sites that do this?

i.e. huge titles, meta keywords, meta description ..?

Dan
    From everything I have read they can, but it is basically impossible to tell why a site has actually been penalized.

It is so hard to tell exactly what the exact reason is. I have worked on several sites that have been penalized before we took them on and there was always multiple problems with site and code, so it was to hard to narrow it down to the exact problem.

I would use 60 characters or less for title
    I would use 255 characters or less for both the description and keywords.

I personally use more than 255 characters for the keywords from time to time, but never use more than 350 characters and I keep a very close eye on the results. I should also point out that all of the keywords relate to the actual content of that particular page itself.

I do agree that the title and description are weighted more heavily than the keywords.

But, I believe the keywords still have an effect, granted the engines don't put as much weight as they use to on them, but I believe that it is still a small factor even with Google.

I am sure others will say I am wrong, but I use them on all of our sites and our clients sites. The results tell me that they still play a roll. Also if you think about it, it only takes a minute to add them, I have never read or seen any evidence that would indicate that Google or any other engine is penalizing sites for using the keyword tag.

I have heard if you use over 500 keywords or more and if you keep repeating the same keyword or if you use keywords that don't relate to the page or site they can penalize you for it.

Ray Gonzalez
  27. No Profile Picture

i have done that but still now google has not even ranked my paged, its hsowing 0.
    thaats shocking
    i have even created this website
    www.infinitesolutions.netfirms.com
    for linking this website but google is not shwoing that this website link www.sjewels.biz
    pl look and u will be surprised to see
  29. Contributing User

Using dynamic pages can affect your search engine rankings - especially if those dynamic pages include query strings in the page address.

Many search engines are unable to read or rank dynamic pages which include query strings (ie - http://www.yoursite.com/index.php?id=154 )

The best way is to avoid the problem is to use static pages - which can be read by all search engines without problems.

Using static pages also means all your pages load quicker and you don't place a heavy burden on your database as site visitation increases.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: