Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Duplicate Meta Descriptions Google's search engine currently recognizes and uses seven different meta tags. Of those tags, the most important ones are the title and description tags.With duplicate title tags, you end up with pages that appear the same to users browsing search results.
  3. No Profile Picture

Google Search Console (former Google Webmaster Tools) reports you have duplicate meta titles or duplicate meta descriptions. Each URL should have unique meta tags so this is important to fix as soon as possible.
  5. No Profile Picture

Can I use duplicate Meta description in multiple pages?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by LisaGeorge
    Sorry, but I didn't agree with you. Meta Description is still important to improve business ranking on SERP.
    Yes, I do agree with you. Also, we must have at least 1 keyword in the meta description.

Comments on this post

• Hikin Mike : wrong
  9. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your feedback Hikin Mike. But, can you please explain what is wrong? Might be, it can help me.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by amansharma1
    Thanks for your feedback Hikin Mike. But, can you please explain what is wrong? Might be, it can help me.
    The problem is that the meta description is not a ranking factor, period. It plays no part in where Google ranks your site.

It has gone the way of "Keyword Meta Tag". No longer used for ranking purposes. It does however have the ability to increase your ctr. Provided you write a proper one. The trick is writing a good description, otherwise Google will change it to suit the query by the user.

It is even recommended by Google to leave blank rather than have a duplicate description.

Search Google for "is the metat description a ranking factor" see yourself. The number one answer according to Google is ....
    (Google thinks that we are correct too !!!!)

If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for clearing my doubt 👍
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Meta description is still an important factor SEO ranking & when powersuites & Matt Cluff have well explain about Duplicate Meta Descriptions so it should be changed my point of view.

Just try to use relevant Meta Descriptions for every page according to page need.
  17. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If your site has good content (as it should) your better off letting Google create your description. As for other search engines, I'd copy and paste what Google shows or create your own then change it accordingly.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : Exactly my point (0repu)
  19. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Tom, I agree with you. I never preferred to write meta descriptions It's sound like I was wasting my time and energy.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  21. No Profile Picture

I think Google is smart enough to recognize that. If you have 1 product in four colors, google will show the popular one in search results or relevant product related to the user query.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Recently i also seen in google searches that google not shown the metas description written by you but it shows there own which they think relevant. Also some says its 170 characters length and some say 300+, but Google shows in search engine results according to their Algos.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: