Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Ok,,, I checked your site again, and you still have issues... your www and non www urls are still both present, and you still have http/https issues...

If you can, post your server configuration file, so we can see the server block entry and verify that the code is implemented correctly.
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Yeah I thought so, I ran semrush again and thought maybe it had not updated yet or something. Is it safe to post the server config file, my developer is reluctant to give it to me?

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    Ok,,, I checked your site again, and you still have issues... your www and non www urls are still both present, and you still have http/https issues...

If you can, post your server configuration file, so we can see the server block entry and verify that the code is implemented correctly.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ClaireJ
    Yeah I thought so, I ran semrush again and thought maybe it had not updated yet or something. Is it safe to post the server config file, my developer is reluctant to give it to me?
    Hmmmm, reluctant to provide you with your files that you own, have I got that correct ???

I would now start to question your developer. What would you do if he died, or retired ? You should have access to the server 24/7, why, because it is your site.

Based on the assumption that this is your site, you are paying the developer to design and program your site, you should not be denied access to those files.

I am betting he / she is getting nervous about the second opinions you are getting here. This may be an issue the developer is not, well, versed in. I have known crackerjack programmers that are fantastic at programming, but they suck at SEO. Then I have seen good SEO experts that can't program 2 + 2 in a computer language.Send the developer the semrush results and ask, if you have fixed this issues, then why does Semrush still report these issues. Be nice to your developer, again , it could just be a mix up in the wording. Personally I think the developer currently lacks the proper knowledge and skill sets to resolve the problem, but an easily reconciled deficit on the developer's part.

Ask the developer for the file, it could be something as simple as a syntax error in coding. With as much code as I write, I leave off semi-colons, comma's and often have to go back and fix the errors. This can be especially true when dealing with rewrite rules, they can be quite complex.

edited to add...
    you can always send the server config file via PM if you like....that will keep it out of public view.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Aug 21st, 2017 at 01:56 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I agree with with what you said, and again appreciate the advice. Haha ok I have asked him nicely. I will hopefully have the sever config file for you soon...

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    Hmmmm, reluctant to provide you with your files that you own, have I got that correct ???

I would now start to question your developer. What would you do if he died, or retired ? You should have access to the server 24/7, why, because it is your site.

Based on the assumption that this is your site, you are paying the developer to design and program your site, you should not be denied access to those files.

I am betting he / she is getting nervous about the second opinions you are getting here. This may be an issue the developer is not, well, versed in. I have known crackerjack programmers that are fantastic at programming, but they suck at SEO. Then I have seen good SEO experts that can't program 2 + 2 in a computer language.Send the developer the semrush results and ask, if you have fixed this issues, then why does Semrush still report these issues. Be nice to your developer, again , it could just be a mix up in the wording. Personally I think the developer currently lacks the proper knowledge and skill sets to resolve the problem, but an easily reconciled deficit on the developer's part.

Ask the developer for the file, it could be something as simple as a syntax error in coding. With as much code as I write, I leave off semi-colons, comma's and often have to go back and fix the errors. This can be especially true when dealing with rewrite rules, they can be quite complex.

edited to add...
    you can always send the server config file via PM if you like....that will keep it out of public view.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hi ClaireJ

Give your nginx developer my PM response to you. He / she should be able to reconcile the problems in short order.

Let us know when the changes have been effected.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: