1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Does wordpress have SEO plugin?

Hi

I have attached a wordpress blog to one of my sites and finding it a bit of a sht to optimise. It uses classic old code that search engines hate and web designers love. I heard there my be a plug-in or add-on that is more geared towards SEO. Any one got any experience on this?
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by conker_on_net
    Hi

I have attached a wordpress blog to one of my sites and finding it a bit of a sht to optimise. It uses classic old code that search engines hate and web designers love. I heard there my be a plug-in or add-on that is more geared towards SEO. Any one got any experience on this?
    this one allows for user defined titles
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

I never had any poroblem with WP code. It is fine for me. Try building your own template from scratch that's how I do wordpress.
    all you really need are a few lines of PHP code to get the posts and commenting features into your template the rest of the code is up to whoever designed the theme...

Comments on this post

• Lb1878 agrees : This one does it all for you. There are a few more you can find in the plugins section of wordpress.org as well.
    Work Smarter, Not Harder
  5. Contributing User

Originally Posted by googler
    this one allows for user defined titles
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

I never had any poroblem with WP code. It is fine for me. Try building your own template from scratch that's how I do wordpress.
    all you really need are a few lines of PHP code to get the posts and commenting features into your template the rest of the code is up to whoever designed the theme...
    Thanks googler, perphaps I need to follow your advice and take the bits I need.

Cheers for the link to the all in one pack
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by conker_on_net
    a bit of a sht to optimise. It uses classic old code that search engines hate
    You never clicked on "Settings", then on "Permalinks", did you ? No need for a plugin to get nice URL's.

Jean-Luc

Comments on this post

• googler agrees : This solves many of the problems from the get go!
    AWStats Support : add-on's, extra sections, forum, installation assistance + Professional AWStats Services
    200ok.eu Broken Link Checker finds 404 errors, error pages with 200 ok status, missing images, protocol errors, password protected pages, bad domain names, redirect loops, parking pages and more
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

check these links for making themes.

I really like this one, it helps you step by step to make a very simple theme, and it tells you the bare minimum so you can real;ly understand how little you need to make WP work. The site appears to be messed up right now but it was working yesterday so I am assuming its a temporary problem
    http://www.cypherhackz.net/archives/2006/12/13/make-your-own-wordpress-theme-part-1/

also on the word press website itself there is tons of info on creating themes

Comments on this post

• conker_on_net agrees : This link is really helpful, thanks
  11. Student of Life

I have used the SEO all in one pack and it works fine.