1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Does language matter for local ranking?

Hi guys, I landed on question I can't give answer. Does the language of my own country alter seo? For example, I want to climb in these search phrases and words: "cs, cs 1.6, servers, game, cs ip, cs server, cs game servers". But as long as it is Bulgarian site it is in Bulgarian language. The phrases are these: "цс, цс 1.6, сървъри, игра, цс ип, цс сървър, цс игрален сървър" in bulgarian. But the bulgarian searcher would type: "cs, cs 1.6, syrvyri, serveri, sarvari, igra, cs ip, cs server, cs game sarvar" or something close to this, but not english. And my question is: If I you type these phrases in Bulgarian, do I will rank at Google when someone type it in non-Bulgarian, nor clear English? And which is better to type:

- "CS сървъри" or "CS сървъри (serveri)" or "CS servers"? - Look at it as an example, which I will stick with, when I create the content. Tell me more about the 'transliteration' I guess, it is what I explained.
  3. SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hello buddy
    Yes, the results are very different if searches are made in regional languages and English.
    If someone searches in Bulgarian, non-Bulgarian, or nor clear English your website will definitely get preference as somewhere Bulgarian language is involved in search term.
  5. No Profile Picture

Wallkick95,
    If your searchers are typing in English, then on your page you should have some content that is in English. the Terms "cs, cs 1.6, syrvyri, serveri, sarvari, igra, cs ip, cs server, cs game sarvar" should be somewhere on the page. If you are using a blogging software such as Wordpress, you can always assign "TAGS". Make sure to write articles that talk about each of your keyword phrases and post it in your blog section. Link them to the main content.

Also remember to ask for information or a newsletter sign up form. Even if they leave if you get their information, you can bring them back.
    Last edited by dzine; Mar 29th, 2013 at 02:52 AM. Reason: snipped sig
  7. No Profile Picture

Good question wallkick95.

Here is the complete answer. When talking about Google search queries there are 2 language parameters you should be aware of:

1) hl - the browser language
    2) lr - the search query language

changing any of those parameters will result in another SERPs.

Hope it helps ;)
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I feel it like you opened my eyes. So what I was expecting before I ask this. I was typing 'unclear-bulgarian' english phrases in google and the search suggested me transliterated (the phrases in pure Bulgarian). Then I was typed the clear English phrases and I saw close results. So I wanted to recognize the benefits, and this is why I started this topic.

I do not understand, how can I create topics in unclear English, just for seo. I think that I can do it naturally by involving these terms from time to time. Or the better solution, to use the policy of the site to allow typing in unclear-Bulgarian english, then the visitors can type the phrases as follows: "serveri, igra (game), klasik (classic), cs and so on". I believe that this is great way to improve seo, by allowing visitors to take part.

But there is little obstacle. In fact, all the sites in Bulgaria, related to cs, servers and so on, have poor seo. They are allowing their members to post links widely in the forum ( topics and signatures ), they use SMS advertising, without the parameter rel="nofollow", which means they have thousands of backlinks and this is why the competition is so low. But there is rule, which they never cross. They do not allow unclear-Bulgarian english, nor clear English. Only Bulgarian language is allowed. And if I let the policy of my site, to allow this phrases it will be revolutionary. No one does do it before. And when the bulgarians see that, how can they react?

I think some of them will take no care, but others will say that this is bad and ingenuous idea. They will try to protect the nature of our own language. But my purpose is to show them, that this is kindly act, with which we want to set them free to type as they like. Do you think that this is good idea to prove in the policy? In my view, I find it innovative, great and enjoyable.

If you have some other ideas how to involve the unclear English phrases, then I can't wait to hear them.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by wallkick95
    Hi guys, I landed on question I can't give answer. Does the language of my own country alter seo? For example, I want to climb in these search phrases and words: "cs, cs 1.6, servers, game, cs ip, cs server, cs game servers". But as long as it is Bulgarian site it is in Bulgarian language. The phrases are these: "цс, цс 1.6, сървъри, игра, цс ип, цс сървър, цс игрален сървър" in bulgarian. But the bulgarian searcher would type: "cs, cs 1.6, syrvyri, serveri, sarvari, igra, cs ip, cs server, cs game sarvar" or something close to this, but not english. And my question is: If I you type these phrases in Bulgarian, do I will rank at Google when someone type it in non-Bulgarian, nor clear English? And which is better to type:

- "CS сървъри" or "CS сървъри (serveri)" or "CS servers"? - Look at it as an example, which I will stick with, when I create the content. Tell me more about the 'transliteration' I guess, it is what I explained.
    Yes, off-course you can get it. You just need to do Multilingual SEO for all keywords and if done efficiently it will be on good position.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Please look at my previous post before answering

So I can express myself naturally, when I create the content. And there will be good seo. But, what do you think, which of threes is the best, or you think one of them must not take advantage over others? Please answer this, after you answer the previous post question, it was, how the people will react on allowing 'unclear-bulgarian' in the site.
  15. No Profile Picture

yes definitely, language will impact sharply in the local ranking coz local ranking means concentrating in local region and if that region use particular language then it will surely impact on local rankings.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It's not clear on whether your site ends in .com or .bu. If your site ends in .com, what you need to do is to go to Google webmaster tools and add your site, like that:
    .com/bu and then from Settings -> Configuration, you will target to Bulgaria.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Absolutely language matters in local. If you use russian language in us country then no one can read and your bounce rate will be high. Therefore experts uses meta language attribute in their website. Even I do...
  21. No Profile Picture

Yes bhaskardas says right, if you use russian language but no one can read and understand your website pages, and then bounce rate will be high. So, language matter for local ranking...
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you were me, what would you do? Would you use both Bulgarian and English?