Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Post Does increase in a website's traffic increase the Domain Authority of that website?

Hi All,

I want to know that does the increase in the traffic of the website, increase the DA of that website too?

Does the DA of a website depend upon the amount of traffic coming to that website?

Thanks,
    Chepsi
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You asked two questions... ( This is if we are talking about Moz DA )

1.No, but links will.

2. Also "No" DA is not traffic driven, again, it's about links.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KnowOneSpecial
    You asked two questions... ( This is if we are talking about Moz DA )

1.No, but links will.

2. Also "No" DA is not traffic driven, again, it's about links.

Hello KnowOneSpecial,

Thanks for your reply. As far as my experience says that only Moz DA exists. Please share if there is any other authority which predicts DA like Moz does.
  7. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Bhardwaj, Google does't follow these matrices but some times these matrices meet Google algorithms.
    As for se your Da concerned you should read from What is Page Authority? by this you will get how DA doesn't meet Google algorithms on many times.
    And there is another popular matrices are being market by SEO majestic that is called trust follow and citations follow these are good for analysis ur or competitors sites that helps but again I must say these matrices their own they use this for selling their products and Google does't care about this.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Who knows and why do you care?

"Domain Authority" is a term made up by SEO tool suppliers.

Google has said repeatedly that its algorithm assesses the relationships between pages, not domains. It therefore seems likely you may be misusing, "domain authority" in your SEO.

The SEO tool suppliers don't tell us how they calculate the term. It seems we are left to conclude that any correlation between the SEO tool supplier's metric and Google's search results are coincidental, not causal.

IMHO, it looks like you are using your SEO tool for the wrong purpose.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees
    • Test-ok agrees
  11. No Profile Picture

For domain authority improvements you can use social media platforms such as facebook, youtube and twitter etc. Social media is the great way to gain high authority websites. Also try to publish unique and relevant content regularly. Because search engines always love unique and fresh content that impact directly on domain authority.

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : wow that's really wrong
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply.

Does the nofollow link result in the increase of DA and PA?
  15. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by chepsi_bhardwaj
    Thanks for your reply.

Does the nofollow link result in the increase of DA and PA?
    You should really read the answers before asking another question ;) especially what John said above
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end
  17. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Ann most of times new users ask the question without involving any thoughts process but tx for moderator who filter out this place from spamming.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Ann Smarty
    You should really read the answers before asking another question ;) especially what John said above
    Ann, I did read the reply given by John, but that's not what I asked for. I asked a different question and I am looking for the answers so that I can decide by myself if DA/PA should matter to me or not.
  21. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Prof.stan
    Ann most of times new users ask the question without involving any thoughts process but tx for moderator who filter out this place from spamming.
    I have asked a simple question, if I didn't make myself clear enough then you can ask me to paraphrase. Calling someone a spammer isn't the right way to answer a simple question. Well, if I am a spammer to you then you can let others reply to query and then I will decide what should be done further on.
  23. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Read what John said and make your descision.
    Last edited by Test-ok; May 10th, 2017 at 06:28 PM.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You may want to read this article written by Danny Sullivan, the father of SE reporting:

3 May 16: How Google assesses the ‘authority’ of web pages

"Google has no single authority metric but rather uses a bucket of signals to determine authority on a page-by-page basis."

"Calculating authority today

These days, links and content are still among the most important ranking signals. However, artificial intelligence — Google’s RankBrain system — is another major factor. In addition, Google’s ranking system involves over 200 major signals. Even our Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors that tries to simplify the system involves nearly 40 major areas of consideration.

None of these signals or metrics today involve a single “authority” factor as in the old days of PageRank, Google told Search Engine Land recently.

“We have no one signal that we’ll say, ‘This is authority.’ We have a whole bunch of things that we hope together help increase the amount of authority in our results,”"

I think we will find that many SEO tools have already become out-dated and inaccurate.

As far as I can see, Moz has only ever run Domain Authority correlations in:

• Nov 2015
    • Sep 2013
    • Nov 2001

(What about all of G's major, new artificial intelligence signals? Seems there has been no check of their domain authority algo since they came into play.)

Correlation does not equal causation but when the Moz algo is checked so infrequently, it seems likely they are always inaccurate - whatever they think is measured.

Apr 2017: Google launched more than 1,600 new changes in search last year
    By Barry Schwartz

As well as last year's changes, G has implemented 15 major algo updates since Moz last ran a correlation study.

Chepsi,
    Here is what Moz says about Domain Authority:

"This score can then be used when comparing one site to another or tracking the "ranking strength" of a website over time."

"...it's best used as a comparative metric (rather than an absolute, concrete score) when doing research in the search results and determining which sites may have more powerful/important link profiles than others."

What this means is that if someone is looking to identify sites that MAY pass more PageRank to their site, this tool MAY help cull out some irrelevant ones.

IMHO, it's a false assumption because the most important determinants of external PageRank values depends on the specific words in the search query.

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; May 11th, 2017 at 03:29 AM.
  27. No Profile Picture

It's all depend on websites's backlinks. if your website's back links higher DA then increase your website DA..
    Read more here:https://techtage.com/how-to-increase-domain-authority/
  29. No Profile Picture

Actually Google looks individual pages to increase website traffic instead of Domain Authority of website. So focus on individual pages authority to improve keyword rankings.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: