Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Its ans is No . Domain Authority is calculated according to the back link not according to traffic. High domain authority back link to your site = Increase Domain Authority of your website.
  3. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Yesterday I found that this thread was closed by Test-ok but someone reopened this. Anyway
    Originally Posted by pvirravi1116
    It's all depend on websites's backlinks. if your website's back links higher DA then increase your website DA..
    Read more here:https://techtage.com/how-to-increase-domain-authority/
    Originally Posted by Ganeshacharya
    Its ans is No . Domain Authority is calculated according to the back link not according to traffic. High domain authority back link to your site = Increase Domain Authority of your website.
    Originally Posted by sehgal08
    Actually Google looks individual pages to increase website traffic instead of Domain Authority of website. So focus on individual pages authority to improve keyword rankings.
    Why you guys don't want to read John's suggestions and referral How Google measures the authority of web pages

Comments on this post

• Ann Smarty agrees : I know, right? Why ask question if you don't want to hear good answers?
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Not exactly. Domain authority depends upon a number of factors such as domain age, backlink profile of the domain, backlink profiles of domains linking to it, etc. An increase in traffic may be caused by a number of reason and sources. If the increase in traffic is mostly organic and your domain has gained quality back link recently then it may increase DA. But it will take time.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by pvirravi1116
    It's all depend on websites's backlinks. if your website's back links higher DA then increase your website DA..
    Read more here:https://techtage.com/how-to-increase-domain-authority/
    Hi Pvirravi1116,
    Sorry, but I must completely disagree with the article you reference. I find it inaccurate and/or incomplete in its cited references. It's also based on false logic.

Eg. 1. Article quote: "So, increasing your Domain Authority loosely means increasing your chances of ranking higher in search engines."

WRONG! Moz actually says this about its Domain Authority metric...

"Because of how Domain Authority is calculated... it's best used as a comparative metric (rather than an absolute, concrete score) when doing research in the search results and determining which sites may have more powerful/important link profiles than others. Because it's a comparative tool, there isn't necessarily a "good" or "bad" Domain Authority score."

And...

"it's best to use Domain Authority as a relative metric to compare against the link profiles of other sites as opposed to an absolute value "scoring" the efficacy of your internal SEO efforts."

Eg. 2. Article quote: "...correlation based ranking factors. Literally, any factor that has a correlation with higher search engine rankings can influence the Domain Authority of a site."

Totally false logic!

There is also a very strong correlation between ice cream consumption and hot weather.

Summer is not going to suddenly appear in the middle of winter, no matter how much ice cream the world eats.

Here are some other non-causal correlations for folk to ponder:

• the number of people who drowned by falling into a swimming-pool correlates with the number of films Nicolas Cage appeared in
    • the per capita consumption of cheese correlates with the number of people who died by becoming tangled in their bed sheets
    • the USA per capita consumption of margarine correlates with the divorce rate in Maine, USA
    • the USA per capita consumption of mozzarella cheese correlates with the USA civil engineering doctorates awarded in USA

Correlations do not cause anything to happen, especially with web page ranking factors!

Correlation studies with unpublished methodologies that are never repeated or peer reviewed are USELESS for assessing causal factors!

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees
    Last edited by JohnAimit; May 13th, 2017 at 03:29 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

DA is not a metric controlled by Google

Just will however most likely get an increase in traffic if your DA is increasing, because it means your SEO is getting better.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Linkbuilding-
    DA...

Just will however most likely get an increase in traffic if your DA is increasing, because it means your SEO is getting better.
    How?

IMHO, DA is totally and completely incapable of assessing ANYTHING to do with SEO quality.

What G ranking attributes do you think it assesses? G's algo primarily exits to assess the words in search queries. Where in the DA algorithm do word analyses feature?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: