1. No Profile Picture

Does this impact on Branding or ranking on Google search

Hi,

I am working on a project. I target keywords for global search engines, ranked well on search engines. Now my client tell me to target US region. one weeks ago i have changes Geo Targeting as US. This is quiet good not a issue. But now he told me to promote same site career page for jobs in india, jobs in delhi, jobs in noida.

So i am confusing if I will do that does this will impact on search engines ranking or branding. Because I am thinking i am targeting US region for ranking and same time using specific geo tag keywords so i think this may give wrong single to Google.

Am I right please give your suggestion ?

what should I do
  3. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I personally never tried playing with GWT geo targeting setting but based on what they say:

If your site has a generic top-level domain, such as .com or .org, and targets users in a particular geographic location, you can provide us with information that will help us determine how your site appears in our search results. This will also improve Google's search results for geographic queries. This data supplements our existing information, and setting a geographic target won't impact your appearance in search results unless a user limits the scope of the search to a certain country
    That being said, the GWT geo targeting setting impacts ranking in a localized versions of Google; in other words:

- Users from India might still be able to find that page if they are using Google.com
    - Users from India are likely to have issues finding that page in google.co.in

Explain that to your client and if I were your client, I'd better stay away from that setting unless I am 100% sure I don't care about other countries except US (for example, Canada, Australia, etc) as people using google.ca might also have trouble finding the website, for example
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your feedback,

Yes site has generic top level domain. keywords performing well on global search engines. Recently I got message they are unable to see rank on US search engines and promote there. I changed the Geo- Targeting location as USA.

But the problem is, site has some careers pages, company also have office in India. the requirement is to promote those careers page in india for the keywords jobs in india, jobs in delhi jobs in pune etc.

So i am confusing, same time i am targeting site for two different location, one is to select geo location in GWT and seconds I already target geo-location in keywords for careers page.

Does this pass negative single to Google.?

Positive signal according GWT is -
    -site have separate address on site contact page
    -seperate google places address
    -site hosted in USA.

70% traffic comes from India and rest of the traffic from USA.

What you say- should I USE Geo-targeting keywords for careers pages while i already targeting user for USA in GWT?.
  7. My views are my own ;)
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by sobhifakri
    What you say- should I USE Geo-targeting keywords for careers pages while i already targeting user for USA in GWT?.
    You cannot target one page to a different location that the whole site in GWT

I say, remove geo-targeting option all in all...
    Everything will be ok in the end

If it's not ok, it's not the end