1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Do press releases work for site ranks

Hi every one. Can any body suggest how press releases are helpful in enhancing target traffic in a particular area we wish to publicize?
  3. Silent Observer
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by youngwebmaster
    Hi every one. Can any body suggest how press releases are helpful in enhancing target traffic in a particular area we wish to publicize?
    Press Release offers an excellent way to let people know about new development about your site.

Like the rest of link building techniques, quality is much more important than mere quantity (of press release sites )

It's important that you have something indeed newsworthy and it should be interesting to your target audience.

Established sites like PRWeb, PRleap, PRnewswire have an excellent reach. ( prnewswire even offers help to optimize your PR for higher search engine ranking )

Thus you gain a strong back link plus you achieve a great distribution across your target audience.

Hope this helps.
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with Excellence."

“Underpromise and Overdeliver !”
  5. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

When was the last time you read a press release about a website? Can't remember?

When was the last time you read a news report about a website? ??

Go to one of the press release sites and look for something interesting. Find anything?

How many news writers do you think have to go to press release websites to get information to write an article?

Go to a press release site right now and tell me if it is any better than the spam that arrives in your email.

How many press releases do you think I write each year?

Now, if you want to see a contrast go to Reddit or Slashdot. If you can write something that will be voted up there, then you will get links and PR.
    Last edited by EGOL; Apr 19th, 2008 at 11:04 AM.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL
  7. Silent Observer
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by EGOL
    When was the last time you read a press release about a website? Can't remember?

When was the last time you read a news report about a website? ??

Go to one of the press release sites and look for something interesting. Find anything?

How many news writers do you think have to go to press release websites to get information to write an article?

Go to a press release site right now and tell me if it is any better than the spam that arrives in your email.

How many press releases do you think I write each year?
    i never go after the 2-tier, 3-tier press release sites, but i've had an excellent RoI as far as the sites i mentioned are concerned.

I agree that there's too much "noise" in these sites as is the case with most SBM sites these days; BUT at the end of the day, you end up having stronger backlinks at least. ( i even had two funding offers from venture capitalists thanks to the press releases i did )