Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Do I need to submit my new site to search engines?

I just created a new ecommerce website. Do I need to manually submit it to the search engines? Or does google and others just find me on their own? I've got some people who have already linked to me also.
  3. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by jessamy11
    I just created a new ecommerce website. Do I need to manually submit it to the search engines? Or does google and others just find me on their own? I've got some people who have already linked to me also.
    The SEs will find you if you have links to your page. To speed it up go and socila bookmark your site on a few SB sites.
    Live the moment
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

You don't need anymore to submit your site to SE's. Spiders will crawl your site later. Instead, submit your site to directories.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yeah, you can always opt for Search engine submission if you have really nothing to do and you are already bored from watching TV, listening to music and you have ran out of options.

Ummm.....even then i think it will top the list of the most boring and worthless activity....

In short, forget about that and just acquire a few good links. Crawling will take place automatically.
    Upload Music - My Friend's Musical Passion!
    SEO Chat FAQ's
    Worried About PR? Read This First!
    Fools rush in where angels fear to tread!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If you already have people linking to you, your site's probably already crawled by search engines. Have you tried checking?
  11. No Profile Picture

Submit a website in search engine its worthless effort get some back links from your relevant website your website will be automatically cached in search engines.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Do the directory submission and try to get some back links from other wesites rather than the search engine submission. search engines will crawl your web page.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your replies. Some of you say to submit to directories. Which ones besides yahoo and google are the best? I submitted to DMOZ, however, my site only still just has a few items for sale on it. Was this a bad idea to submit to google directory so quickly? I might submit to yahoo later because it's $299.00.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There are lists of free and paid directories available at directorycritic. You can use that.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Additional to that, here is the list of 500 search engines.

http://www.cometsearchenginemarketing.com/search_engine_list.html
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by x3mario

Y providing list of search engines when its a time waste to submit in them????
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by x3mario

Your list may have 500 search engines or keep on discovering and expand your list to more than 1500. wont make any difference.

I'll suggest you if you have the time to do that, then keep on doing your SE submissions in your favourite 500 SE list. Dont waste other's time by suggesting that same list and making them do that useless practice.
  25. No Profile Picture

dont submit you site,there is no need
    submit your site to directories,exchange links with other similar sites ;) and Search engines will find you ;)
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for your replies. Some of you say to submit to directories. Which ones besides yahoo and google are the best? I submitted to DMOZ, however, my site only still just has a few items for sale on it. Was this a bad idea to submit to google directory so quickly? I might submit to yahoo later because it's $299.00.
    First: just submitting to DMOZ does not yet do anything for you - DMOZ is picky and slow so your site might take ages to get listed, if ever.
    Second: submitting to Yahoo! Directory and submitting to search engines are two completely different things. Yahoo! Directory is an authority directory and having a link from it is good for any site.
    Third: links from other people will only help you if their sites are indexed/being crawled. search for their domain names in Google or even search for site:theirdomain.com in Google and check the cache date - this will even let you know approximately how often Google crawls their sites and how soon it might pick up your site linked from there.
    Fourth: instead of submitting to the search engines, better make yourself a Google Sitemap and make an account in Google Webmaster Tools and submit your Google Sitemap there - it will at least let you see if you have problems with any of your pages getting crawled.
    Fifth: bulk submitting to all directories you come across does you no good and it's a waste of time - only submit to high quality directories that show in the backlinks fo the sites already listed in them.

Hope this helps.
  29. No Profile Picture
    SEO-Ind

Yes that will help you in getting indexed. dont forget to create sitemap and submit it as well
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: