1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Do I need a street address for local seo?....

Hi all,

New to the forum and looking forward to the conversation.

Here's my situation. I currently do my work from my home office but am looking to establish an office outside for a place to meet with clients. I would also like to take advantage of the SEO advantages that come with that. I live in a community that is in one state (North Augusta, SC - USA), and I really would like to get an office in North Augusta if possible. However, there is more opportunity for business in Augusta, Georgia which is still a part of the same community (just across the river). However, I'm wondering if I really want to get first page placement, for example, for "augusta web design" will not having a physical street address in Augusta work against me. Any thoughts on that? Just been trying to work through this as I look for office space. Appreciate your thoughts.
  3. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Whilst having an office in the area you wish to provide services can help you get listed in google places, its not needed to get listed in the organic results for a location (but can help a little).

Putting your home address would work just as well as an other office in your area if you optimise it for Augusta rather then just North Augusta or your local area. The same goes if you was to work for USA as your local area, if you get my drift?

How much do you currently earn from your web design business and is it your main busy/working to make it your main income? If so, it might be worth hiring someone to at least help get you started with some parts of the seo because there is an aged saying about not hiring a web design for seo, not to be rude

But if its something you really want to do yourself, you can make a start by reading the sticky threads on here along with posts from members with a good rep (the number and colour squares to the top right of each post). In other words, your in the right place to learn how to seo your own site as long as you willing and able to put the time and effort in to it
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks NathanielB! I have been doing web design for about 12 years in a part time capacity and launched out full time back in September. I've helped some of my clients with some basic seo for local listings, place pages, etc.

I'm definitely wanting to grow in my understanding of SEO so I can help my clients reach their marketing goals as they no doubt see the value in good SEO.

That said, I really want to position my own business effectively in local seo. Right now I'm on page 3. My other thought was to develop a landing page that would be all about augusta web design and work on the organic seo for that landing page as well.