Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

DIY SEO or just Fiverr, Odesk, SeoClerks & etc

Frankly i've been DIY SEO for quite sometime. Still learning & doing it at the same time. Results have showed, although not that convincing due to my lack of experience & knowledge.

Just cross my mind why not just Fiverr, Odesk, SEOclerks or etc. But then again, is it worth to take the risk? 500 people (positive reviews) can't be wrong? Right?

Looking for certainty here.
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

500 people (positive reviews) can't be wrong? Right?
    Could it be 500 fake positive reviews?? Hard to say, but that's what a lot of the fivers. odesk people do.
  5. Agency SEO

But if he read it on the internet it must be true, right?
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Those sites are too good to be true. Anyone can create an account and claim to give anyone a professional SEO report or advice when all they have done is use some freeware program that generates reports which they then mail to you, including the practice of copying and pasting articles which claim to be original. There are plenty of free online tools also.

Best advice is to stay away from stuff like that as your wasting your money, and if you really need help or advice, contact a reputable business who actually know what they are doing in this field.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    But if he read it on the internet it must be true, right?
    Everything on the Internet is correct

Comments on this post

• Doodled agrees : ... because it cannot tell a lie
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Grizzler - I do agree with the 'method part'. That's why i post this thread in the first place.

Test-ok & Kernel Panic - Is there a way of verifying the reviews to know if it's fake or genuine?
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by moer
    Grizzler - I do agree with the 'method part'. That's why i post this thread in the first place.
    You wanted certainty you got it, your asking is it worth taking the risk and you got an answer.

So whats your problem?

I wouldn't trust anyone operating on these sites.
  15. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Test-ok & Kernel Panic - Is there a way of verifying the reviews to know if it's fake or genuine?
    Yeah, get a quote. If they work for chump change then they're obviously not worth much.

I've had a dozen clients come to me from those type of sites after being burnt by overseas firms that spam out directory links for $99.

As for references, sources, previous work, reports, testimonials, etc. It's just like hiring a contractor to work on your home. Do your own work and research.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Grizzler - Point taken. Sometimes the laborious work of DIY SEO can cloud your mind.

Test-ok & Kernel Panic - I guess even if it's true there's still risk involve (even though they claim it will be manual posting instead of bots).

joshz - True in sense that what u pay is what u get.

I really need to study which job can be delegated or outsource safely & get some SEO tools as well.

Wonder how you all survive LOL!!!
  19. SEO Since 97

(even though they claim it will be manual posting instead of bots).
    that doesn't change anything!
  21. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Grizzler - Point taken. Sometimes the laborious work of DIY SEO can cloud your mind.

Test-ok & Kernel Panic - I guess even if it's true there's still risk involve (even though they claim it will be manual posting instead of bots).

joshz - True in sense that what u pay is what u get.

I really need to study which job can be delegated or outsource safely & get some SEO tools as well.

Wonder how you all survive LOL!!!
    We survive easily Good work and constantly adapting to Google is what makes a good SEO
  23. Agency SEO

It makes no sense to go cheap with SEO, here's why: SEO does not cost money when done properly. It RETURNS money provided you hired a professional.

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : Yep. Buy right the first time, or spend double or triple later trying to fix it. Not sure why I can't give rep to you :(
  25. Contributing User

Like yourself i'm a DIY'er, working for myself and learning the ropes myself. It took a long time to get some sites i own to get to page one etc etc, and sometimes when i first started even i thought to myself whether to take the route you are mentioning to make it easier for a few pound (or buck ), it's tempting i know but just put in the back of your head that anything cheap, as mentioned already, is gonna hurt you later on.

Laborious? Yes.... Worth it in the end? Absolutely yes. Keep a clear head bud.
  27. No Profile Picture
    AGR

I'm not giving them a vote, but the WordPress programmer I found (took awhile) was on oDesk. He's always there for me and does great work. So maybe you can get lucky and find a good SEO guy on one of these websites.
  29. SEO Since 97

I'm not giving them a vote, but the WordPress programmer I found (took awhile) was on oDesk. He's always there for me and does great work. So maybe you can get lucky and find a good SEO guy on one of these websites.
    Big difference, you can see what a WordPress programmer is doing as it's done. That's not the case with someone selling SEO...By the time you find out...it's too late.
    So you could get lucky but at what risk?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page: