1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Discussion about duplicate content

Hello friends, i am here a little confused about the content marketing, i have two blogs of my website one is on word press and other is ob blogger, but non of them are links with my website(means i had not put any link of either blogs in my website).
    i am publishing the same content on both the blogs.

It is right or wrong ? if wrong what changes i have to do for good SERP results

blog address are here

teastallstudio.blogspot.in
    teastallstudio.wordpress.com
    Last edited by Test-ok; Jun 10th, 2018 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Live link
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

well copied content always hurts on google, Make sure you have separate content for both blogs, it will help you for ranking purpose
  5. No Profile Picture

So what can i do with my published content, Should i delete it ?
  7. No Profile Picture

Use unique content for your blogs everytime you post or if you are posting same content you are required to give source link with it
  9. Always Wrong

Google Support Webmsters thread on the subject of duplicate content:
    "However, in some cases, content is deliberately duplicated across domains in an attempt to manipulate search engine rankings or win more traffic. Deceptive practices like this can result in a poor user experience, when a visitor sees substantially the same content repeated within a set of search results."

You do have the option of labeling one of the sites with a canonical meta tag. this would involve you linking them however, and it would consolidate the page ranking:

To manage syndicated content. If you syndicate your content for publication on other domains, you want to consolidate page ranking to your preferred URL

support google com /webmasters/answer/139066?hl=en

As previous responses have stated, making unique content and articles is the way to go about it. Especially if you actually want to see good results from the work you put in. So at some point when you stumble upon the "Article Spinners" Every moron tries maybe a couple times, it's completely stupid. Why?

Simple, if you really wanna go ham on content thats regurgitated there is this thing call RSS aggregation, it's been around awhile. People can output 100s of articles in the time you are moving one piece of duplicate content and have better gains with that aspect. However, the index size of most reblogger sites is super omega massive in comparison to their actual traffic quantity.

Meaning you have to have a ginormous amount of reblogged garbage to get a very small percent of the traffic you normally would have gotten had your wrote something original.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It will all depend on the purpose. I am not sure why you have two blogs with the same content so I can't right away say that you need to change your practice. But if you have the option to vary your content between the two blogs instead of using duplicates, always avoid using duplicates.

So, your options are:
    1. Make sure both blogs have different content. Ideally, the subjects of the two blogs should be different. You don't really want them competing against each other, right? You want them to be on top of their respective fields.
    2. You can delete one and focus on the other. If you can't manage two blogs that need to deliver different content, then manage just one and excel at it.

Whenever you deliver the same content from two different blogs, you are confusing the search engine robot. The bot finds that blog A basically offers the same content as blog B so it will acknowledge one and ignore the other. If this keeps happening and the bot alternates between acknowledging and ignoring blogs A and B, both blogs will suffer. So just stick to one. Or make both worthy of being acknowledged, by being original and unique.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : Good analysis, good advice, OP should listen.
    • Test-ok agrees
    • seangugerty agrees
  13. No Profile Picture

Why you are publishing same content at two places? Logically, what's the point?
    As a google user, would you prefer to see same content at two websites. I may get pissed off so is Google.
    Don't try to duplicate content over internet. Its not useful to humans or search engine crawlers.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Sometimes it's inevitable. For example, you can have:

(1) website.com/movies/romance/titanic
    (2) website.com/movies/disaster/titanic

One has to have links to other romance movies while the other has to have links to disaster movies. The content is basically the same but you need to maintain the two pages to properly connect to other parts of your site. That cannot be achieved by a redirect and certainly not by producing content on a single place.

There are many other reasons.
  17. No Profile Picture

Duplicate content is always punishable, so use unique and high quality content for very good response.

Comments on this post

• IvanDrago : No it isn't.
  19. No Profile Picture

Yes, it will hurt your website in google ranking.
  21. No Profile Picture

well copied content always hurts on the web, Ensure you've separate content for blogs, it can benefit you for ranking purpose.Best of luck!