Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Directory for more traffic

Hi. I was thinking of doing a free directory on my website to draw more traffic to it and sell my products (Web related) to the traffic. Is this a good way to draw traffic? Should the directory be a folder(domain/directory) or a sub domain (directory.domain)?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Free directory would bring in traffic to your site. But this is not an assurance that they will buy your product. Most of them will probably just use your directory site.
    Try doing social bookmarkings or blogging, putting links to your site from that blog.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

probably directory gives search engine ranking for particular keyword which that in anchor tag form.
  7. No Profile Picture

I am dong SEO since five years but still did not get any traffic from directories. Directory is just for search engine crawling. If you need traffic then try to get back links from your relevant sites.
  9. No Profile Picture

You may want to consider setting up a reciprocal link directory within your website at: YourDomain.com/directory

This can be setup require webmaster to post a back link to your main website on their site before they are able to post a link within your directory.

If you would like recommendations for reciprocal link directory script, let me know, I would be happy to offer a few suggestions based on my past experiences.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

@SEO.Expert: Any help will be appreciated.

so the general suggestion will be to set up a folder instead of a sub domain?

can the traffic i receive help increase the PR for the whole site in general?
  13. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by searchenginexpe
    I am dong SEO since five years but still did not get any traffic from directories. Directory is just for search engine crawling. If you need traffic then try to get back links from your relevant sites.
    A directory is a directory that list sites , which is meant for a user to find quality websites in a certain categories. If you use it for search engine crawling, it is why you did not get any traffic.

Comments on this post

• shounakgupte agrees
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Directory Submission does help too but when it comes to traffic Social bookmarking can help you with that specially in stumbleupon, digg, reddit etc.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

so i can just open a free directory if i still want to but cant rely on it to give me some traffic...

does it matter if i use a folder or a sub domain? or get an entirely new domain? which one is better?
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by shounakgupte
    so i can just open a free directory if i still want to but cant rely on it to give me some traffic...

does it matter if i use a folder or a sub domain? or get an entirely new domain? which one is better?
    If you are going to use the link directory to promote a website, you can add it to the domain using a sub-directory "folder."

try this link directory script: http://www.bewebmaster.com/beseenpage.php

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to let me know...
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

beseen does a compulsory link exchange. i was thinking of providing it as an optional feature. any reviews on phpld?
  23. No Profile Picture

there are some proven methods on how to drive traffic to your website.. why not try social bookmarking and article submissions. social media is also a good source of traffic, but don t just create an account and log in to say what you are doing, be informative and interactive to attract followers...
  25. No Profile Picture

I can't post links yet, but if you search for Link-Assistant in Google the top result is one service that will automatically generate you a directory.

Great tool for what you're trying to accomplish.
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Emerson
    A directory is a directory that list sites , which is meant for a user to find quality websites in a certain categories. If you use it for search engine crawling, it is why you did not get any traffic.
    Oh nono… I am telling I am not getting direct traffic from directory
  29. End game expert
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by searchenginexpe
    Oh nono… I am telling I am not getting direct traffic from directory
    Why not go to high traffic directories? There is a high possibility you can get some referrals from there.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo