1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Directing spider where you want??

As I was looking through my webstats it finally dawned on me that my fourm and associated forum links show the most hits, far more than should be possible since there isn't much activity going on there. Plus, some of the urls are forum subdomains that a user I don't think would look at. Then I realized that it must be the spiders causing all those hits because my forum link is the second in my navigation menu after "home". My questions are:

1. Do the spiders read down the page so therefore links at the top will be more quickly indexed than links at the bottom?
    2. Can you manipulate the spider's movement by controlling where you place links?
    3. The forum has alot of random files associated with it. Is there a way to keep the spiders just in the relevant portions of the forum?

Assuming I was right, I moved my link to the forum to the bottom of the navigation menu and moved my newly created site map to the top hoping it would be found quicker. Only about half of my pages are indexed so I'm trying to get the rest picked up.

Carrie
    <snip>
    Last edited by Jasontnyc; Jan 6th, 2005 at 07:50 AM. Reason: sig after 90 days and 100 posts