Hey everyone -
Trying to understand if I got penalized by Google "Fred." I am not a SEO. Just a website owner.
No manual actions in Webmaster tools.
However, my organic traffic has plummeted by 80% from Feb 7 - Mar 13 (versus the previous 6
weeks). Bing has fallen 56% and yahoo 50% over the same time frames.
You can see in the file below:
That happened on February 7th, which I believe is the release date of "Fred."
2 things I'm thinking:
1) I recently 301 redirected many pages from my old domain. They usually ended with .PHP. I
now have Wordpress installed. So they're redirected to something like
2) Several years back, I had a friend build some links to my anxietysupportnetwork.com
I started looking at the sites, and found they were completely unrelated to anxiety, and many
times outright spammy sites. Not good, of course. And even worse now.
However, I went to Webmaster tools to check out my links, and I only found just a small handful
to spammy/crappy websites. However, after thinking about it, my link profile really isn't that
great based on what I see in GWT:
So the question is, what do I do?
1) Disavow the 2-3 crappy links in that profile/eliminate the other worthless ones I can.
2) Not worry about it and just keep producing and promoting quality content.
3) Scrap the domain and start with a new one? But this domain is from 2008. And I was getting
6000 visits per month at one point.
Anyway, I'm not sure how to judge all this info. So, looking for some outside opinions.