Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Customer Product Store Review to boost sale

Hi,
    I would like to know your thoughts on customer product review system.
    Do you think this can increase your sale by giving some kind of assurance to your visitors?
    If so, is it better to buy some kind of add-on or get a third-party (ex, google) review platform?
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Reviews play a part in ranking, no doubt there. It will help if you do it correctly.

1. Be sure and ask every customer to leave a review on Google.

2. After you get, earn some reviews, 1 is enough to start with. Add json/ld code to let Google know to include it in the serps.

Do not try and add review snippet code to home page. Google doesn't allow it on the home page period !!

Do not add it to every product page you have at once, slowly add the code to each appropriate page over time, say a couple of pages every two or 3 weeks.

Lots of folks will look at reviews on products before they buy. Having "Starred Serp Listings" will increase customer confidence, also your organic ranking. This is a win win situation for you.
    Last edited by KnowOneSpecial; Feb 6th, 2019 at 05:45 PM.
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Getting on yelp is also a positive.

Comments on this post

• KnowOneSpecial agrees : One of the few I recommend to all my clients
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The product review system can also back fire. For instance, if you have an unsatisfied customer, and we know that there are some who are extremely hard to satisfy or are simply dishonest, their one negative review can completely destroy your business.
    I doubt google monitors and moderates the reviews.
    So can getting a 3rd party review system like "verified reviews" be a better option? Does google recognize it?
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you get customers and it turns into a bad review then your customers service needs work. If you get a third party plugin and it allows you to delete items, it'll be worthless. IMO.

Added:
    Try searching for it and see what the mfg. says about that plugin\software.
    Last edited by Test-ok; Feb 7th, 2019 at 03:19 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Customer reviews on products and all are most influential and can increase your sales more than marketing with a paid ad, but it is very difficult to get them
    There’s nothing shoppers consider buying without asking a friend, reading a review, or searching an app reviews can build trust.
  13. Retired from SEO
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

A negative review is good, see a broader perspective of this as how it could be effective for your SEO and business
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes a negative review could help me improve my customer service in the long run. But let's not forget that we have competitors too who can easily buy from us and then leave a negative review. In this case no matter what we do, the customer will not be happy as his or her sole purpose is to leave a negative review.
    How can you combat this?
    That is why I do not trust sites like trip advisor; anyone can leave any kind of review. Lot's of dishonest people around.
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by hurray
    That is why I do not trust sites like trip advisor; anyone can leave any kind of review. Lot's of dishonest people around.
    Yes, sad to say, lots of dishonest people in this world. But to address your about "Yes, in the long run".

How can you tell if a company has good customer service ? Especially one that does business online. Well a negative review handled properly will actually help in the area of trust. Yes, you address the negative review. You make it obvious that you're trying to help resolve the issue the customer has to "Their Satisfaction !". Most folks, unless they're idiots, will see the positive attempt by seeing a response that tries to resolve the issue. Great customer service has sold many thing in the past, and will do so in the future.

Customer service can be seen by how the business handles reviews.

Does the business respond to all reviews, if they do that is one hell of an indicator that "customer service is on the ball". This is also a great sales tool !

Having a bunch of great reviews but not answering them, while this is still good, it's not as good an indicator as the above is.

It really irks one when they get a negative review, most site owners / businesses just ignore them. You shouldn't, address them immediately. Getting a negative review, but addressing it, with the intent to make things right, will also be seen as good customer service and is a great sales tool as well. Honestly I sometimes think a negative review with a great response is just as good and reviews with no response.

The bottom link, you make the effort and you can get the unhappy customer to either amend the review, or completely remove it !

It's all about how you handle the issue with the unhappy customer. Also if it is sabotage then address it like this...

Sir / Madam I am truly sorry that you're had the bad experience. We just want you to be happy, provide your receipt and we will gladly provide you a prompt refund !

That basically takes the wind out of any negative review, if its' a fake one, they will not respond.

Just my opinion on the subject.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

After reading your opinions, I decided to go with a third part store review system called Certishopping. It was cheaper than other ones and I was hesitant to use google review.
  21. Retired from SEO

If you really read test-ok and kos posts then you never prefer third party review system any way choice is yours after all your money and time will be expended
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Feb 9th, 2019 at 10:27 AM.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can you please tell me why third party review system is not good? Verified Reviews is one of the big ones that exists, no?
    The sales person who called to install it on my website said that their review system was recognized by google.
    If you can tell me why google review is better, I can cancel this third part review system.
  25. Retired from SEO

If they allowing you to remove bad review then it's worthless, other wise you can go with them

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No they don't allow you to remove bad reviews
  29. Retired from SEO

Also read what others say about this, like their own reviews, feedback or recommendation etc
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: