Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
  • Jump to page:
    #91
  1. Dinosaur
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,100
    Rep Power
    6553
    I am very much not closed minded on this as you seem to think.

    As I keep saying I run tests and you know I do.
    Now either my test was flawed or the assumption that CTR is a ranking factor is flawed.

    Just because most SEOer believe it fact does not make it so, after all the earth is flat right ?

    It is fine to have differences in opinion but it would be nice to show some evidence of your beliefs and not just say it must be true because xyz said it so.
    Going down that route is just feeding the myth writers.

    I am also fine with agreeing to disagree on this so I will keep out the debate further unless I am brought into personally again or asked a direct question.
    Owner of Page Explorer the page onsite SEO checker
    Useful Tools: Site Crawler: Screaming Frog | Free SSL: Cloudflare
  2. #92
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,390
    Rep Power
    2207
    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    lol sorry I work for a living, busy doing SEO, I know neither you nor the other guy do.
    CTR is one of many dozens of UB elements Google uses to determine a website's value. Sorry, I simply do not have the time to dissect 1200 word forum posts. Most in the industry agree with me regardless of your stats-in-a-table lol
    You're busy doing SEO?

    I thought you were doing more paid search? So I would say you have less authority than others on this forum by that logic?

    Originally Posted by KernelPanic
    Your point is well taken. My testing these days is all in the A/B variety as I do paid search more than SEO.
    Always happy to help in private message. | Learn about my latest project Can You Get Automated Pages To Rank In Google?
    Useful Links: Useful SEO Tools | GTmetrix | FileOptimizer | Cloudflare
  4. #93
  5. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    4894
    Originally Posted by ThomasHarvey
    You're busy doing SEO?

    I thought you were doing more paid search? So I would say you have less authority than others on this forum by that logic?
    So you and that IT guy and that new guy seem to be pretty much on an island when you say UB is not part of a search engine's ranking algorithm. Even Bing, one of the largest search engine's say they use it lol.
    W/E all good, I appreciate your input
  6. #94
  7. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,390
    Rep Power
    2207
    So you and that IT guy and that new guy seem to be pretty much on an island when you say UB is not part of a search engine's ranking algorithm. Even Bing, one of the largest search engine's say they use it lol.
    W/E all good, I appreciate your input
    Well, I haven't stated my opinion on this so thanks for presuming.

    Personally, it's not something I have tested, or really researched as I think there's bigger things to do, unless you're in a large team CTR for ranking isn't an effective use of time. It's very much correlation/causation for this making it very difficult to test. If it is a ranking factor then I believe it would be a tiny one as it's one that can be gamed quite easily.

    If it's not in use, then it will still be tracked and used as a quality metric. Which can indirectly be used for feedback to how well an algorithm is performing.
    Last edited by ThomasHarvey; Jun 26th, 2017 at 12:11 PM.
  8. #95
  9. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    4894
    Originally Posted by ThomasHarvey
    Well, I haven't stated my opinion on this so thanks for presuming.

    Personally, it's not something I have tested, or really researched as I think there's bigger things to do, unless you're in a large team CTR for ranking isn't an effective use of time. It's very much correlation/causation for this making it very difficult to test. If it is a ranking factor then I believe it would be a tiny one as it's one that can be gamed quite easily.

    If it's not in use, then it will still be tracked and used as a quality metric. Which can indirectly be used for feedback to how well an algorithm is performing.
    I agree with everything you said. Be careful the flat earther's fangs come out quickly
    Last edited by KernelPanic; Jun 26th, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
  10. #96
  11. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,311
    Rep Power
    4894
    Originally Posted by JohnAimit
    IMHO, if someone claims to be an Internet Marketer or SEO Consultant and has not watched the Paul Haahr video referenced above and the Andrey Lipattsev one referenced below, at least 3 times, then their advice deserves little credibility!
    This is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read
  12. #97
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello Everyone,

    According to me, The full form of CTR is Click Through Rate. CTR is used to measure success of an advertising campaign. This success is determined by the ratio of number of clicks to the number of impressions of that advertisement. For example, 100 users see the advertisement and only 1 of those 100 users click on the ad.
  14. #98
  15. No Profile Picture

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes CTR is the ranking factor for the website because it gives more traffic for the website
  16. #99
  17. SEO Insultant
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    sharing a room with my ego
    Posts
    6,427
    Rep Power
    3292
    That's not a real reason, now is it?
  18. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Power
    1550
    Moved this on I think?

    CTR, Bounce, Rankings and Google's Invisible ReCaptcha

    Time to lock this thread?
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. Is SSL certificate a ranking factor?
    By otuk in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: Jul 29th, 2015, 01:04 AM
  2. Yahoo and msn ranking factor
    By tiwarimsmedia in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Oct 1st, 2012, 08:51 PM
  3. What is keywords ranking factor?????
    By manojseo52 in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Aug 31st, 2010, 02:55 PM
  4. What is the ranking factor in Y
    By wd21 in forum BING/Yahoo Search Optimization
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sep 24th, 2007, 01:40 AM
  5. Ranking Factor Weights
    By CollegeGuy in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jun 4th, 2005, 02:33 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo