1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Correct Procedure Sub-Domain

Hi Guys, I've just taken on a new website, they offer outdoor activities and indoor team building. Currently they both operate on different websites i.e brandnameoutdoor / beandnameteam. Ive decided to bring both websites together and place website 2 (team) as a subdomain to website 1 - team.brandname

My question would be, what would be the correct procedure to pass all previous seo work onto this new sub domain.

Thank you,

Dan
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by liondedan
    Hi Guys, I've just taken on a new website, they offer outdoor activities and indoor team building. Currently they both operate on different websites i.e brandnameoutdoor / beandnameteam. Ive decided to bring both websites together and place website 2 (team) as a subdomain to website 1 - team.brandname

My question would be, what would be the correct procedure to pass all previous seo work onto this new sub domain.

Thank you,

Dan
    Why use a subdomain? why not just have brandname.com/indoor brandname.com/outdoor.

Subpage would better than subdomain because then any links pointing at either would benefit the other.

ps. When you say taken on a website, what do you mean? what service are you providing them.

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees : Sub domain = different websites. Links will not be shared/distributored. Follow this advice.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill