Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Competitor Analysis

Hello Friends,

What are the basic fundamentals of competitor analysis to know why they rank higher than us.
  3. No Profile Picture

Here you find every important basic SEO factors you should check at your competitors websites https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...tudies/184619/
    Important also is an age of the domains.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Getting a report of their backlinks can be useful (I use Ahrefs for this, but there are other tools). Then I can get a good idea of what their activity has been on their own site (content creation) and external sites (guest posting, commenting, backlink building, social activity).

Age of the domain is a factor, but new domains can rank well with the right strategy.
  7. No Profile Picture

Hi,

Competitor Analysis is a most important port of an SEO thing. The most important part of you needs to get a right competitor to be analyzed. you can't select any website and start analyzing.
    First, you need to find who is the competitor for which you need to take help of Google and identify the most top website on the keywords on which you need your website to be on the top.
    Start analyzing that perticuler website backlinks by links:websiteurl which will list out all the links related to the particular URL only-by-one.

Once you will have all the list of your competitor links you need to ensure that you should also have a link to the same places.

Regards
  9. No Profile Picture

I can suggest you to get a full list of all competitors for certain search query and all historical advertisers per certain query. Then discover most popular and effective ads, get similar meaning keywords and expand your research. Usually I'm using this technique with help of SE Ranking competitor research tool.
  11. No Profile Picture

I think you need to keep in mind this features \

1> Domain authority of your competitor
    2> Total number of backlinks count
    3> Total number of referring domain pointing towards their site
    4> Their social presence
    5> Website design and speed

If you focus on this 5 things you will gain lots of information about your competitor and you start your own work.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi Izapharry,
    You won't find a correct answer to this question here because no one will assume you are trying to rank top of English language search queries on Google India when all your page content is written in Hindi script.

I've already told you, to out rank your competitors in English language searches you must include English language content on your pages if you want to out rank your competitors.

I keep telling you to get local experienced SEO advice.

When you post misleadingly incomplete questions like this, you will receive misleading answers!

Why do you keep wasting the time of all the good folk on SEO Chat?

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : all he did was ask a question dude
  15. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Barbora_Boskova
    Here you find every important basic SEO factors you should check at your competitors websites https://www.searchenginejournal.com/...tudies/184619/
    Important also is an age of the domains.
    Domain age alone is not a ranking signal
  17. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Hi Izapharry,

You can't get directly answer your question.

Generally, to analyze ranked site takes your focus off your domain.
    Wouldn't it be better to do competitive analysis on your domain?
    is
    1. On page optimization you can't learn this from your competitors... you don't have a lue whether they are following Google's guidelines or not, and you have no clue if these merits actually provide them positive results.
    2. Off page but still onsite optimization is extremely powerful - but again you can't learn this from your competitors... you don't have a clue whether they are following Google's guidelines or not and you have no clue if these merits actually provide them positive results.
    3. Off-site optimization has a lot of potentials - but again you can't learn this from your competitors... you don't have a clue whether they are following Google's guidelines or not and you have no clue if these merits actually provide them positive results.

If you don't invest months into research with a single domain you can't learn anything from it which means you need to waste years to appreciate all your competition to afford you useful understanding for years earlier but understanding the impact TODAY requires you to re-start these processes again... why put all your investment into what others are doing when it won't have any meaningful impact on your domain.

That said... this is a dumb SEO approach.

Source: Competitor Analysis
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Jun 30th, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
    You do your business I do mine because you are you and I am I If we meet it is nice.
  19. No Profile Picture

For me competitor analysis doesnt first start with baclink profiles..... it starts checking out the competitions websites look, page content quality and content quantity. I do a quick recon for the top 10 sites appearing for the main keywords I want to target. From there this give you an idea of the size and quality of content the competitors have.

The next step is to build a website that navigates better and offers better quality and if possible quantity of content too. Build in ideas that improve customer experience and content that will keep your visitor for longer. If your site looks better than your competitor the visitor is more likely to use your services than the competition.

Content is king so after you've built the best looking website with the best content in your field, use a few keyword reasearch tools to get some ideas on your competitors backlinks, and try and build a better backlink profile by targeting all the best links from all your competition.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : In somehow
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Izapharry has posted 3 threads about a 1.2 million page Indian newspaper site. He wants it to be found with English language search when the site is essentially all written in Hindi language and script.

1. The Basic Fundamentals of His Competitor Analysis
    Do a Google site:search of your top ranked competitor's and your pages.

Sample search on G.co.in: Uttar Pradesh political news

The top ranked competitor page looks like this to Google.

I count over 2,000 unique English language words on this competitor's page (excluding navigation menu words).

This is how G "reads" the pages of his site.

It seems the page includes less than 100 English language words.

Competition Summary:

• Main competitor = 2,000 English language words
    • Izapharry's page = 100 English language words

2. Remedial Action
    If you want to be found in a specific language search, you MUST publish enough unique and relevant page content in the target search language to out rank your competitors.

Folk have already spent a lot of time offering advice about this Hindi language news site on thread 1, thread 2 and thread 3.

Izapharry,
    You've previously been advised the site's basic problems are lack of English language content, that it is a structural mess (10 domains and subdomains) with terrible robot pathways and missing search landing pages.

Are you implementing any of the previously offered advice?

With a site this complex you need very experienced professional SEO help.

Keep throwing out all the general questions you have posed in your last dozen or so threads and you will end up wasting your time following irrelevant pathways. Folk here can't give you good advice if you keep hiding the complexities of the task from them.

Comments on this post

• Prof.stan agrees : yes spot on
    • sksharma agrees : Good Point
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 02:19 AM.
  23. Entrepreneur
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

KernelPanic  disagrees: all he did was ask a question dude
    Not sure why you disagree with John even he is spot on somehow. You pointed out that John takes the thing in his ego once anyone disagrees with him but as per my understanding your reply seems very aggressive than anyone else. Even you never appreciate/agree with any of the posts of mine but it seems you always ready for ignoring or discarding my posts. I just want to let you know I am not doing SEO any client even I am no more in this industry but I stick around because I love this community or I like posts of you guys.

If you will tell me, this is your working style then I must say I was getting touch with Fathom in my earlier days on many occasions, and no one like him by nature, he is very supportive but in thread/posts I flamed or appreciated by him but he never takes anything/discussion personally. Every time I miss him when I see this kind of posts. I hope I might be wrong and you have the different opinion on it

Comments on this post

• sksharma agrees : Not look like that aggressive, but i see in other threads KP hasn't agree with John. I don't know why? Everyone has the different opinion
    Last edited by Prof.stan; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: typo
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I use Term Explorer for my analysis. They show you the top 10 organic listings for every single keyword, plus a ton of other data, so you can quickly find out who your top competitors are. The only problem is that they no longer provide accurate KW volume, ever since Google's KW Planner was updated to show a range. So, I end up having to pull KW data from other sources, like SEMRush.
  27. No Profile Picture

Direct and Indirect Competition
    Marketing Strategy
    Pricing Strategy
    Product Features Comparison

29. Digital Marketing
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by David5
    I think you need to keep in mind this features \

1> Domain authority of your competitor
    2> Total number of backlinks count
    3> Total number of referring domain pointing towards their site
    4> Their social presence
    5> Website design and speed

If you focus on this 5 things you will gain lots of information about your competitor and you start your own work.
    Hi David!

Why do you feel domain authority is important? Also, why are the total number of links more important than the quality of the links?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: