1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Competitor analysis

So after extensive keyword researching this week, I found a primary keyword(246000 monthly exact searches) that I believe is pretty solid.However there are a few good competitors and I need some professional opinions about the possibility of beating them. So, here are the stats for the site that ranks #1

Google pagerank(for homepage): 4
    Google indexed pages: 26 (yep! just 26)
    Backlinks total dofollow: 200 (around 100 from single PR 5 domain)(1 PR7+ 1 PR6+ 2 PR5 + 3 PR2 + 87 PR1 + rest PR 0 or undefined pages)
    Backlinks unique domains: 18
    AND according to SEO spyglass none of the links have link value over 0.05(hopefully someone can tell me what link value is)

So what do you guys think?easy, moderate or hard?
  3. No Profile Picture

A Google Page Rank of 4 out of 10 is high. But it is not impossible to beat, although you are going to have to apply hard SEO work, I believe that with the correct tools, you can achieve it in about 1 or 2 months, depending on your Google Page Rank. It is important to consider that the 3 top links in the search results of Google and other major search engines, are the ones that are most visited. So if you get your website up to the 2nd. or 3rd. position with a specific keyword, then you are going to have much traffic into your website.
    Last edited by jamespayne; Sep 14th, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
  5. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Link Value is the value of link juice being passed, if a pr 5 page has 100 links as opposed to 10, the value of the 10 would be much higher in value that the 100 (10 times more). The juice is divided between all the links. and there's some formula for but I don't know it.

look at the... how many links on page...should be one of the columns (this is where the value get's it's information)
    You were just looking at the domains pr and that doesn't pass pr unless your link is on that page.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by SEO novice
    ...(1 PR7+ 1 PR6+ 2 PR5 + 3 PR2 + 87 PR1 + rest PR 0 or undefined pages)
    Thanks for the Link value information, however I am looking at the page PR as the above PR numbers are all from pages containing the links...
  9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You have a 7, 6 and 5 with a value no higher than 0,05? I think your reading something wrong.
  11. justanotherseoguy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

246000 monthly exact searches... hmm, are you sure the keyword is not too general?

Anyway, I use seo spyglass together in combination with other backlink tools, but I never really look at the link value column.
    It may be good to have, but it's a relative parameter. if I remember correctly it shows how the PR of the page is related to the number of outgoing links from it.
    So, I'd take it with a grain of salt and better look at some raw parameters such as PR, where the site is hosted, the anchor text, etc.