1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Company interlinking

Our company has just launched a new website and I was curious to know if it would be a problem to add a simple footer link pointing to the new site from all of our other websites? We are a real estate company and the other sites are actual property sites that would all contain a footer link to the new realty website. Not planning to keyword stuff links, etc, just simply using the new sites' company name as the link text and link it to the new home page.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hi bkeily612,

I don't imagine that this would be an issue at all. This is fairly standard practice for many bigger companies, and as long as you're not being overly aggressive with keywords in the anchor text, I don't see much risk here.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks Daniel! Again, not looking to keyword stuff, just trying to get some type of juice from simple brand specific keyword links.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by bkeily612
    Our company has just launched a new website and I was curious to know if it would be a problem to add a simple footer link pointing to the new site from all of our other websites? We are a real estate company and the other sites are actual property sites that would all contain a footer link to the new realty website. Not planning to keyword stuff links, etc, just simply using the new sites' company name as the link text and link it to the new home page.

Thanks in advance for any advice!
    Hi Use real=nofollow tag for external links (other sites are actual property sites that would all contain a footer link to the new realty website.)
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by jacksontrovert
    Hi Use real=nofollow tag for external links (other sites are actual property sites that would all contain a footer link to the new realty website.)
    I agree with this, Google could see this as passing page rank onto another domain which is associated with yourself which can be deemed a manipulation in their guidelines.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I don't think the use of rel=nofollow is absolutely needed in this situation; however, to mitigate all risk, yes, nofollow could be used.