Thread: cloaking..?

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

cloaking..?

I have found out that a competitor uses cloaking on all his customer. I know becuase when i look on the cached page in google there is a different site showing with only junk text and the keywords. For some customers they have about 500-1000 pages with different key-phrases. But i cant understand how they can get all pages indexed in google!? there is no backlinks to the pages and no inbound links what i can see. Just houndreds of pages with different keywords under the same domain.

Anyone have any idea how they do to get indexed? because i cant vern get my new site indexed even tough i have links to it and have added it to google?!

thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Re: cloaking..?

Originally posted by kebu
    I have found out that a competitor uses cloaking on all his customer. I know becuase when i look on the cached page in google there is a different site showing with only junk text and the keywords. For some customers they have about 500-1000 pages with different key-phrases. But i cant understand how they can get all pages indexed in google!? there is no backlinks to the pages and no inbound links what i can see. Just houndreds of pages with different keywords under the same domain.

Anyone have any idea how they do to get indexed? because i cant vern get my new site indexed even tough i have links to it and have added it to google?!

thanks
    Hello,

Clocking is pretty normal. However a page will not be indexed without atleast a singel backlink, however not all backlinks showup when you search for them (only backlinks with PR 4 or above). Please note that it could take up to 12 weeks to get a new site into the Google index, that is if you have enough backlinks.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yuk....sounds like that site needs a spam report to google. Kebu, you might check on the PR of the domain that is hosting all these pages, usually its not hard at all to get a bunch of pages indexed if googlebot visit you site enough. Also, take a look at the source of the cloaked pages (ones in the cache). I imagine that if they are using cloaking on such a wide scale that the abuse probablty doesn't stop there. Look for links that do not appear on the pages, but are in the code. Or check to see if the guy has a site map. Always, always go the distance and check in deeper.

If you PM me the link I would be happy to check the site out.