1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Changing whois info

Ok I do know that google looks at whois info now and I have heard the others are as well. Is it a bad idea to change whois info on a domain when you are trying to get rid of a major penalty at both Yahoo and Google.? Here is the situation. The previous SEO guy used all kinds of black hat techniques on series of sites that we have running and now they have penalty slapped on them. So now I am trying to repair the damage and use white hat techniques to get these sites listed. At the same time we are setting up a new company with new hosting to create a branding scheme. If we contact Yahoo and Google and ask for our sites to be relisted, will we get in trouble for having the whois basically all changed? Basically will they think, well we were penalizing these guys before, but now they have changed all their whois and hosting and now want to be relisted.

Will this cause waves?

Thanks for your responses
  3. Supercalifragilistic
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do what you need to do to fix the site and when emailing the engines, be as forthright as you can, IMO.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I will tell them the situation. Hopefully they will understand. The reason I ask all this is based on the new patent application that google has filed. Basically stating they will search up your butt with a microscope. And that hosting information will be a part of your ranking in the SERPS.