1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can Someone Hire Me?

Hello Everyone,

I don't know where to start but I really need an SEO intern JOB (Even if it doesn't pay anything). I am from a different industry and I was pretty good at my Job but then I moved on. I have learned the basics of SEO and learning every day. I need someone as my guru so that I can work on live projects and learn more about it. I don't know whether I am asking for something I shouldn't then consider my apology beforehand.
    I have helped others learn a lot of things in my previous Job so maybe I am looking for someone maybe like myself in this industry. If you know someone like that, who can help me or willing to please help me get in touch with him/her!!

I can work remotely, available on WhatsApp, Skype, Hangouts. So if there is anyone looking for an extra hand please please let me know!
    Eagerly waiting for a reply, if there is anyone.
  3. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I could recommend this...

Read through these posts on a regular basis, then build your own website and try out what you have learned. I have actually learned the majority of what I know from forums, bloggers and such. But you still need hands on to test things, as not everything you read will be true.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the idea but I have already a site, I actually opened the account here to learn more. If possible I would like to get in touch with you (if that's okay for you)
    I am becoming more and more obsessed with this actually.. I don't have anyone who works in this industry and that's why I feel lost in the middle of the pacific ocean sometimes.
    Thank you for your reply.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Lets have a look at your site. Post the domain name, no http / https / www >>>> yourdomain.com <<<<
    If you have never failed in your life, you have never achieved anything Noteworthy !
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks, here is it kung-fu.in
  11. No Profile Picture

You can join online job sites like Odesk, Fiverr and SeoclerCks
  13. Professional SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by evansourav
    Thanks for the idea but I have already a site, I actually opened the account here to learn more. If possible I would like to get in touch with you (if that's okay for you)
    I am becoming more and more obsessed with this actually.. I don't have anyone who works in this industry and that's why I feel lost in the middle of the pacific ocean sometimes.
    Thank you for your reply.
    You can contact me, though I can't guarantee how timely I can respond. Time for winter prep up here in the mountains
  15. No Profile Picture

I took some time to go thru your site. So here are some pointers to help you promote yourself and improve your skills in producing a website.

I am going to use these two page for purposes of this post...

kung-fu.in/martial-arts-training-kolkata
    kung-fu.in/martial-arts-training-kolkata/amp/

You have chosen to implement AMP on your site. I honestly think this is a mistake in your instance. You do not have a news site by any definition of the word.
    Your desktop page is far superior to your AMP page. I suggest you make your site use a responsive design and forget about AMP for the moment.

Up until recently, meaning the implementation of mobile first indexing, Google used the desktop version of your site to index your site. This is no longer true, now the mobile version is what Google uses. This in your case will result in fewer pages to maintain, but at the same time you will have a better looking site. One which will convert better for you but that is just my personal opinion on how well it will convert.

You use bold text to highlight your keywords, and this really doesn't help you. What you should be doing is linking those bold keywords to other pages within your site, then they will in fact help you. The fact that you do in some instances and do not in others confuses me.

I would also use left justified text instead of centered text. The centered text just doesn't look good.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Okay. Points noted should I disable amp totally? I don't see my keywords ranking it's more or less stuck in the same position what could this possibly mean?
    Here is the screenshot
  19. No Profile Picture

One of your biggest issues is your pages are competing with each other, let me show you. Notice the blue links on the right.
    Also I am not meaning your amp pages, except for two instances all of your keywords return two non amp urls for your keywords.

21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

What should I do then? disable amp???
  23. No Profile Picture

Redesign your site using a Responsive Design. Do not just disable AMP and not move to a Responsive design, that would be even worse than your current situation.

Then rewrite your content so the pages do not compete with each other. This means overhauling your entire website.

Words of advice, if you choose to go this route, make a list of your current urls so when your new site is done you can map your redirects from your old pages to your new pages and not lose any traffic or rankings you currently have. I say this because most likely you will have url changes in the overhaul.

I would also consider getting a dot com name if possible, but since your site is extremely local, the dot in will probably be ok. Also setup a GMB listing if you don't already have one.