1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow Cache of my site site is not showing at Google

I am webmaster of therealestateinvestmentqueen
    My site was ranking fine in search Engines....Today I noticed that cache: is not showing anything.

what does this mean......is my site getting banned??
    however....backlinks & pages r indexed.

can somebody help

Cathey..
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Cathey
    I am webmaster of therealestateinvestmentqueen
    My site was ranking fine in search Engines....Today I noticed that cache: is not showing anything.

what does this mean......is my site getting banned??
    however....backlinks & pages r indexed.

can somebody help

Cathey..
    The site isn't banned. However, you main page is not indexed in Google. It's not even supplemental, it's gone. Your other pages in the site command are available in the serps.

So here is what I noticed.

-Your page title in the head of your code is a bit long. It is also rather stuffed looking. Shoot for 80 characters or so.

-Your keyword tag is too long, shoot for 10-12 words and phrases. It is also 0% relevant to the page's content.

-Your description tag also looks pretty stuffed. This should be complete sentences with natural text.

And in the end you appear to have Blocked the crawlers.....

Code:
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">
    The above was copied directly from your main page code.

--Melanie
  5. No Profile Picture

Smile

Originally Posted by mprough
    The site isn't banned. However, you main page is not indexed in Google. It's not even supplemental, it's gone. Your other pages in the site command are available in the serps.

So here is what I noticed.

-Your page title in the head of your code is a bit long. It is also rather stuffed looking. Shoot for 80 characters or so.

-Your keyword tag is too long, shoot for 10-12 words and phrases. It is also 0% relevant to the page's content.

-Your description tag also looks pretty stuffed. This should be complete sentences with natural text.

And in the end you appear to have Blocked the crawlers.....

Code:
    <meta name="robots" content="noindex,nofollow">
    The above was copied directly from your main page code.

--Melanie

Thanks Melanie................thanks for ur valuable advice...I really did'nt noticed it. I hv removed the no follow code......hope the Search Engines to crawl soon.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You shouldn't really be bothering with including any robots files, as if no robot file exists, search engines will crawl all pages anyway.

The only time you should include the robots meta code is if you actually mean to block access to a page, which may contain sensitive/private data, or landing pages after product purchases etc.
  9. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Cathey
    Thanks Melanie................thanks for ur valuable advice...I really did'nt noticed it. I hv removed the no follow code......hope the Search Engines to crawl soon.
    It's the "noindex" you need to remove - the "Nofollow" will not prevent indexing, just stops G/bot from following links off the page.

Originally Posted by seotipsandinfo
    You shouldn't really be bothering with including any robots files, as if no robot file exists, search engines will crawl all pages anyway.

The only time you should include the robots meta code is if you actually mean to block access to a page, which may contain sensitive/private data, or landing pages after product purchases etc.
    This guy wasn't talking about robots.txt, it was a metatag which caused his problem.
    However - I include a robots.txt file in every domain - (even without blocking any files)... because otherwise you will see a lot of 404 errors on your site stat's (where robots have looked for the file).
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]